Dundara and Ballycon

Rate this topic

richrua

haven't been on in a while really. Been doing a bit. Nothing too prototypical. Just letting the imagination and the card kits do the work. still working on track etc but enjoying my new NCE controller. thanks lads for the advice.

Here's a little corner I've been working on for a while.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

excuse all the wagons on loan from BR , as it were, ...... Lol.... As if.

still plenty to do.

Looking good Richrua. Nice job on the card kits too. Love the wagons and black and tan mix. Most LMS & GWR wagons look right at home behind 141 and 'A' class B&Ts. All that needed to convert many is CIE roundel decals. 'Imagination' is a great way to compose a layout. Look forward to seeing this one develop and running.

:tumbsup:

thanks. yes I am pleased with the turntable. it is a peco kit . i sprayed the basin grey with a touch of brown to try to make it more realistic. Just need to fix and wire all the off tracks now. ballast the area. put in a little level crossing over near the bar . lights. bits of scrap here and there. a redundant loco even . a tree or two. A thirsty railwayman approaching the bar. .....

Not much really. I'll fly through all that.

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpg

071 image.jpg 071 is called into service for the last run of some coaches before the breakers yard in Dundalk or Adelaide. or maybe this little station serves a bustling satellite town and for once the branch line is saved by forward thinking folk....

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks! the darker ballast is Noch gravel. unfortunately i couldnt get my hands on any more so i had to get Dapol ballast from hattons. its ok too but a bit light.

Also, to answer a previous question above, the turntable is peco. No motor but i might at some stage !

thanks lads. MikeO - you re right about the layout - eventually it could represent anything from 1950 on. Personally I blame Murphy Models. It was much easier to choose an era when you had no locos at all ... now we have every livery I couldnt resist a black and silver. Funnily enough i dont think i personally remember the black and tan . maybe i do not sure. I have lots of memories of the rest. I do like the black and tan livery though, but again I dont want to just run early stuff. So i am decisively indecisive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...