Good Friday opening hours

Rate this topic

Alan564017

Try retirement lads

Every day is a bleedin Holiday:dancing:

Absolutely spot on, no sitting in rush hour traffic jams, meeting deadlines, budgets, bosses, no more alarms at 7am or earlier, just relaxing & letting the World go by, having a pint or coffee at your leisure, yes retirement is the place to be, every day is a Holiday, :cheers::cheers:

Absolutely spot on, no sitting in rush hour traffic jams, meeting deadlines, budgets, bosses, no more alarms at 7am or earlier, just relaxing & letting the World go by, having a pint or coffee at your leisure, yes retirement is the place to be, every day is a Holiday, :cheers::cheers:

Yes, but you never get a day off! :ROFL:

With the 'scratch card' that wins every week! :tumbsup:

Retirement!

There is no such thing as retirement, certainly not in my home. I decided to go back to work so I can enjoy an easier lifestyle.

Retirement - more like constant instructions from the Boss -

Darling it's a nice day, please cut the grass and then clip the edges, oh there's weeding to be done in the rose beds. When finished with these tasks, hoovering, dusting, ironing, shoe polishing, and then the inevitable question; have you finished yet? Why Darling? 'We need to go to the shops.' Quick change into Chauffeur's Uniform - off to the shops. Return home and become a pack-horse carrying the shopping from car to house.

Change of role and uniform from Chauffer to Butler. Set Dining room Table for Dinner, prepare evening cocktails and appropriate snack-foods, check with Cook that all is well in the Kitchen. Ring Dinner Gong, serve wines, assist staff with service of meal and wait on her Ladyship. Prior to her leaving Table, I need too inspect the fire in the Withdrawing Room. Having made sure the fire is providing warmth, that there is an ample sufficiency of logs available for the remainder of the evening, coffee and liquors are served to herself.

Upon her retiring to her boudoir, check the fire is extinguished, open the curtains, empty the ash trays, remove the drinks glasses to the kitchen, wash and dry the dishes, feed the dog, put the cat out, go to the stables and fill the hay nets and log baskets for the following day.

Next Morning.

Check and feed the Horse, put it out in the Meadow, clean all the Tack, wash and polish her car, clean the inside thoroughly. Speak to the Head Gardner (Herself) to ascertain any additional requirements for the day and start at the beginning again. Retirement - there is no such luxury in my opinion.

Edited by Old Blarney

Retirement!

There is no such thing as retirement, certainly not in my home. I decided to go back to work so I can enjoy an easier lifestyle.

Retirement - more like constant instructions from the Boss -

Darling it's a nice day, please cut the grass and then clip the edges, oh there's weeding to be done in the rose beds. When finished with these tasks, hoovering, dusting, ironing, shoe polishing, and then the inevitable question; have you finished yet? Why Darling? 'We need to go to the shops.' Quick change into Chauffeur's Uniform - off to the shops. Return home and become a pack-horse carrying the shopping from car to house.

Change of role and uniform from Chauffer to Butler. Set Dining room Table for Dinner, prepare evening cocktails and appropriate snack-foods, check with Cook that all is well in the Kitchen. Ring Dinner Gong, serve wines, assist staff with service of meal and wait on her Ladyship. Prior to her leaving Table, I need too inspect the fire in the Withdrawing Room. Having made sure the fire is providing warmth, that there is an ample sufficiency of logs available for the remainder of the evening, coffee and liquors are served to herself.

Upon her retiring to her boudoir, check the fire is extinguished, open the curtains, empty the ash trays, remove the drinks glasses to the kitchen, wash and dry the dishes, feed the dog, put the cat out, go to the stables and fill the hay nets and log baskets for the following day.

Next Morning.

Check and feed the Horse, put it out in the Meadow, clean all the Tack, wash and polish her car, clean the inside thoroughly. Speak to the Head Gardner (Herself) to ascertain any additional requirements for the day and start at the beginning again. Retirement - there is no such luxury in my opinion.

Short Story

Jarvey & passenger "her Ladyship" going home, horse stops & rears up, Jarvey go's to horse with gun & putting gun to horse's head, says, that's once ! further down road horse stops & rears up, Jarvey go's to horse & putting gun to horse's head says, that's twice, again down the road horse stops & rears up, Jarvey go's to horse & puts gun to horse's head & shoots horse, "her Ladyship" starts shouting at Jarvey saying you're a horrible, horrible cruel man, Jarvey puts gun to " her Ladyships " head & says, that's once !!

Edited by burnthebox

Retirement!

Retirement - more like constant instructions from the Boss - there is no such luxury in my opinion.

The only way to look at the retirement lark is to keep thinking that you are really wanted, not used!:rolleyes: