Pre production 071 with sound decoder

Rate this topic

Thought you might like to see a video of the 071/111 sound decoder we're working on. The decoder we have released already is tailored to the Athern chassis for MIR kits so its great to be able to work on adjusting the settings to have it work perfectly with Murphys forthcoming released. Weve a number of adjustments to make but heres a clip of how things are progressing. Thanks to one of our regulars for allowing us to film on his Maryville Junction layout, makes a more interesting backdrop than our test bench! As always with video clips is difficult to give the full effect of the decoder, feel free to call in to the shop for a demonstration

• 2 weeks later...
Top class work Gareth-well done,no mistaking that familiar sound,a few of those locos ticking over on Tara Jctns loco depot will do nicely.....feck the neighbours.....thanks for posting.

Noel,the 071 class sound chip is the best from what I have heard between it and the

201 and 141.I had a loan of one of Gerry Byrnes 071s a while back and she

Is a beaut.must get a chip when funds get better.

Noel,the 071 class sound chip is the best from what I have heard between it and the

201 and 141.I had a loan of one of Gerry Byrnes 071s a while back and she

Is a beaut.must get a chip when funds get better.

Cheers and thanks Eamonn-looking forward to the October bank holiday weekend.

They are both the same sound file, they were originally produced on LOK sound decoders but as the cost of V4 Lok Sound increased the decision was made to produce them on Zimo decoders meaning the retail on them is under £99 sterling where as the same on a Lok Sound would be nearly £135. Only difference in running between the two decoders is the notch up / notch down function is on the Lok Sound and not on the Zimo