What are you listening to now?.

Rate this topic

Listened to a bit of Kraftwerk just now

Autobahn, from the early 70's

Jasus it was rough, but I thought it was the dogs at the time

Music has a way of making you grow up.

Love that album, Dave, although I find myself listening to some of the later albums more (especially Trans-Europe Express, The Man-Machine, and Computer World). They had an eight-night residency in the Museum of Modern Art in New York a short while back where they played an entire album live each night... what I would've given to be there!

Edited by Garfield

Love that album, Dave, although I find myself listening to some of the later albums more (especially Trans-Europe Express, The Man-Machine, and Computer World). They had an eight-night residency in the Museum of Modern Art in New York a short while back where they played an entire album live each night... what I would've given to be there!

I am a big kraftwerk fan and saw them in Dublin in 2004.

Computer world is my fav album.My fav group is very heavily

Influenced by kraftwerk-OMD who based most of there early music

on there radioactivity sound.

I am a big kraftwerk fan and saw them in Dublin in 2004.

Computer world is my fav album.My fav group is very heavily

Influenced by kraftwerk-OMD who based most of there early music

on there radioactivity sound.

Count me in as a big fan too, saw them in the Olympia and at Electric Picnic. And when it comes to certain bands, I'm as bad with boxes as Bracken is.

Have all their albums on pre remastered CDs too, including 'Ralf und Florian' and other bootlegged Krautrock era releases.

Sad I know.

006.jpg

006.jpg

Count me in as a big fan too, saw them in the Olympia and at Electric Picnic. And when it comes to certain bands, I'm as bad with boxes as Bracken is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1837[/ATTACH]

Have all their albums on pre remastered CDs too, including 'Ralf und Florian' and other bootlegged Krautrock era releases.

Sad I know.

That is a nice box set.did you see them at royal hospital

Kilmainham a few years back.

Gentlemen what about the Undertones:-bd[/url]

I saw them upstairs here - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newport+shropshire&hl=en&ll=52.768683,-2.37817&spn=0.001358,0.002411&hnear=Newport,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.768683,-2.37817&panoid=d64fAaFbY5mCpmwgMhc3Bw&cbp=12,340.8,,2,-2.95 - Newport, Shropshire, in The Village, now Central Square, a punk band every Friday, young farmers every other night.

My mate was looking at a poster on the stairs when Sharkey saw him and asked "Do you want one of them, mate?" "Yeah!", so he ripped it off the wall and gave it to him...

Great place - Ruts, Lurkers, Vapors, B Movie, Members, Tenpole Tudor, UB40, Adam & the Ants, Distractions... + loads more..

This - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nf10k/Krautrock_The_Rebirth_of_Germany/ - is on BBC4 on Saturday. It's been on before and is quite good.

I've just seen that the whole programme is available on YouTube - it came up as a link when I was watching a bit of La Düsseldorf stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=cHUwkYkn_kA

This - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nf10k/Krautrock_The_Rebirth_of_Germany/ - is on BBC4 on Saturday. It's been on before and is quite good.

It covers most of the Krautrock scene, but misses one of my faves - La Düsseldorf.

People have put some real effort into videos based on their stuff.

Nice one, was unfamiliar with La Düsseldorf till now, going to check them out more.

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh Can ANYONE save us from what already seems light years of olympics, olympics and more olympics..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh! Has it started yet?

Edited by Broithe

Well, not actually listening now, but I've just got back from an evening of PiL.

Far better than I was expecting. I was surprised to see Lu Edmonds there - seen him a fair few times with the Damned and 3 Mustaphas 3 but didn't realise he was involved with PiL.

Top stuff..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'The Irish Navy' by the Dubliners. those lads were great at taking the piss at stuff while making everyone aware of it at the same time...the Naval Service (or the Marine Service as it was called back then) was a great example!

[video=youtube;Vp_y-xGa8gs]

Edited by heirflick