26/27/2800 Railcar

Rate this question

BabyGM

Question

As much as I HATE railcars:mad::mad: I feel a Class 26/27/2800 would make a nice addition to my new layout

Can anyone tell me what's the best rtr model to use keeping in mind I'd like the doors in or around the right place rather than at either end

Thanks in advance

26 answers to this question

It dosen't look bad did you change the windows?

No-I didn't change the windows-I only painted a green stripe in the centre of each window to recreate the 9 windows on a 2600,it's not a bad attempt which I'm happy with,

It has also recently been fitted with a decoder for DCC operation,

It might be worth considering-unless you want to get the 2700 that's on offer from The Model shop Belfast or Graham's Portlaoise or Marks models

Here is a Bachmann 150class I repainted into an Irish Rail livery

001-1.jpg

Lovely looking model Anthony, do you mind me asking what paints you used for the silver and green and where you got the transfers; I have a 150 sitting in its box that I've been threatening to do something with for ages:D

Lovely looking model Anthony, do you mind me asking what paints you used for the silver and green and where you got the transfers; I have a 150 sitting in its box that I've been threatening to do something with for ages:D

Decals were got from Weshty must be well over a year now. The silver is just that I think it was Humbrol silver I used and the green is Brunswick green

One of my ready to run Hornby 156 resprays by Seamus Graham (lovely job as usual) with sound, interior lights, head & tail lights, door lights and people fitted by John at youchoos.

If you like, you can contact John at http://www.youchoos.co.uk/

I have a Bachmann 158 Commuter as well, will post later.

[video=youtube;Ru24T-4LrEA]

Wiggy.:cool:

One of my ready to run Hornby 156 resprays by Seamus Graham (lovely job as usual) with sound, interior lights, head & tail lights, door lights and people fitted by John at youchoos.

I have a Bachmann 158 Commuter as well, will post later.

[video=youtube;Ru24T-4LrEA]

Wiggy.:cool:

Hi Wiggy

I would have gotten one of those only one of my pet hates is the doors at either end as opposed to about 1/3 in on each side

Thanks for posting

Hi Wiggy

I would have gotten one of those only one of my pet hates is the doors at either end as opposed to about 1/3 in on each side

Thanks for posting

Well the thing is you get what you pay for.

If you can't afford it you have to either go without or get the next best thing.

Same goes for the Enterprise stock.

Wiggy.

One of my ready to run Bachmann 158's in Irish Commuter livery, with sound, interior lights, door lights and people fitted by John at youchoos.

I've had some comments as to what he is announcing after the doors have closed, as to where is the train going to.

It's going to Maynooth, then he says the name again in Irish or celtic if you like.

Thanks for watching.

Wiggy.