Mayner

J M Design overlays for Dapol coaches

14 hours ago, Mayner said:

Fingers crossed it looks like I will have a bit more time available for modelling in 2018 now that my current restoration project a 1924 California Bungalow/Bay Villa cross is nearing completion.

Last week I finally had a chance to fettle the lost wax castings that will form the patterns for the castings for the MGWR locos kits.

I expect to have the 650 Class, the coach sides and van kits available in Mid 2018, with the option of personal delivery in Ireland & the UK in June/July if we can charter an Antonov Myria for the family and the kits.

5a34d6ec12f95_ROWParkingbay.JPG.91c74e701654112e20f0c3bad1c30c78.JPG

Of course the bungalow could always morph into a Scale laser ply building kit for American, Australian & NZR modellers 9_9

Just waiting complete the final touches including interior re-decoration and landscaping. The bungalow was constructed in native hardwoods, retaining its 1920s interior joinery and fittings. We have replaced the roof, repaired exterior wall cladding, re-wiring, modernised kitchen and bathroom. Not bad after more than 90 years.

If that's part of your garden railway, I give up now.......😀👍. Mega & very well done sir.

11 hours ago, popeye said:

Very nice. Will you be living there and will it have a garden railway?

Serious questions Popeye. Hopefully some of the proceeds of the sale will find their way into the model railway slush fund to keep JM Design in business and some more stock for the garden railway.

The garden railway at our own place took over 10 years and $20k investment in track and rolling stock to get to its current unfinished state. I have a very understanding and supportitive family :D. The renovation is basically part of a transition from my current day job towards retirement.

IMG_3874.JPG.1d4e84b81842b204f9277800637f4abb.JPG

John