Kids these days

Rate this topic

richrua

I think I'd rather my child playing video games than doing a spot of substance abuse to be honest.

There is a reason I am who I am, may not be to everybody's liking mind. I'm all for fumes instead of snapchat.

Have you seen my magic snake?

I was going to make a serious forum post about how I preferred the smell of poly cement to super glue. Ay which point I realised that I need to take a break from this Dapol chassis.

All your type say they're gonna take a break from the chassis, but they always go back...

IR white lines, running through my mind....

It could be blowin' through the jasmine in your mind...

[video=youtube;wG-nLotrSlY]

Seals and Crofts...? Sounds like the basis for a narrow gauge layout in a sparsely populated coastal area of Scotland.

Possibly with Cú na Mara coaches...

Kids these days spend too much time on the play station and not enough time sniffing humbrol poly cement.

Woah.....flashback. 1976, an Airfix Churchill tank (a LOT smaller than it looked on the box cover), in my Gran's kitchen and happily buzzing from building the kit and the fumes.

Woah.....flashback. 1976, an Airfix Churchill tank (a LOT smaller than it looked on the box cover), in my Gran's kitchen and happily buzzing from building the kit and the fumes.
Trippy, man. Right on....

Not sure if this should be here or in "Dazzle Ships"...?

bermondseytank2.jpg

I remember all but the farthings...... and the 50p coin was a ten shilling NOTE. Imagine if nowadays there was a banknote worth 64c......

If you had a half crown (two shillings and sixpence), which was worth 16c in today's money (or 12 1/2p sterling), you were wealthy.

A Hornby 00 gauge BR Mk 1 or 2 bogie coach cost 10s / stg50p / 70c euro. Yes, 70 CENTS, not euros! There was no such thing as a Mk 3 coach.

A Hornby British Rail class 31, Deltic or "Hymek" Class 35 was £2.10.0 sterling (£2.50) or €3.47.

And you could get change from a £1 note for three pints.

Edited by jhb171achill

I remember all but the farthings...... and the 50p coin was a ten shilling NOTE. Imagine if nowadays there was a banknote worth 64c......

If you had a half crown (two shillings and sixpence), which was worth 16c in today's money (or 12 1/2p sterling), you were wealthy.

A Hornby 00 gauge BR Mk 1 or 2 bogie coach cost 10s / stg50p / 70c euro. Yes, 70 CENTS, not euros! There was no such thing as a Mk 3 coach.

A Hornby British Rail class 31, Deltic or "Hymek" Class 35 was £2.10.0 sterling (£2.50) or €3.47.

And you could get change from a £1 note for three pints.

And we have progressed ! :facepalm: