Aer lingus rugby plane

Rate this topic

Here's something you Aircraft modellers may wish to model !!

She looks great in her sponsorship livery if not a little wavey like the new 206 livery. I don't model modern aircraft nor modern railways. :)

An A320 in my eyes is a bit like a 22k ICR or a container flat. Give me an AT6, P51D or B141 any day!

Retro livery - Aer Lingus Irish International Airlines

EI-DVM-2.jpg

Hi Noel, that pic is a blast from the past, but a great dare I say little aircraft !! What make is that plane,

Paul

Hi Paul. That photo was taken in the last few years. 'Aer Friendly' repainted a few aircraft in various retro liveries from the past. Noel

PS: BucketAndSlopAir have done a few interesting livery tweaks over the years for promotional purposes.

It's a nice livery, represents Ireland well, although I think they needed to do something with the 'snooty nose' on the livery.

I think the retro livery fits the A320 very well. It's a superb aircraft. Comparing it to the 22k is a little like comparing the superbly engineered 141 class to the old Lima 201s. This little baby is the original 5-pole double flywheel all wheel pickup version of FBW aircraft!

. . . I think the retro livery fits the A320 very well. It's a superb aircraft. Comparing it to the 22k is a little like comparing the superbly engineered 141 class to the old Lima 201s. This little baby is the original 5-pole double flywheel all wheel pickup version of FBW aircraft!

Hi Kevin. I was more referring to old v new, as in old piston engined or old turbo prop aircraft v modern sleek jet aircraft (i.e. like steam, 121, 141 v 201s and sleek ICRs). The old tended to have more visual character. Agree the 320 is a superb operational tool. At least it has comfy seats unlike the 22k. :) Noel

But which would you prefer to fly? :) An office on autopilot, or a joystick connected to every molecule of air?

We had an operational P51 from the flight museam crash into the Gulf last year with pilot and passenger both lost..... stick with the A320. Actually these are real aircraft but their abilities are rarely seen except maybe on testing or an occasional airshow. Not sure if the the A320 can 'loop the loop' but Concorde certainly could