See all of life on the Dart.

Rate this topic

Broithe

Hi Broithe

Sad, poor guy....

Sepoint to Williams Town tracks and the waterfront there has been a very popular area for the life ending business, I know three people, or knew, that exited there. Many years ago myself and friends were involved in a situation like Joe's, on the Seapoint Bridge- I did notice the guy responded better to the girls in the discussion, he eventually gave up on the idea to jump... another poor guy

Eoin

Hi Broithe

Sad, poor guy....

Sepoint to Williams Town tracks and the waterfront there has been a very popular area for the life ending business, I know three people, or knew, that exited there. Many years ago myself and friends were involved in a situation like Joe's, on the Seapoint Bridge- I did notice the guy responded better to the girls in the discussion, he eventually gave up on the idea to jump... another poor guy

Eoin

Indeed, it's good (in a way) to see these signs appearing on the network, they might have some effect.

TiZCLUV.jpg

Many years ago, I was put on the spot by a chap who was the only other person on the platform with me at midnight. He was foreign and very agitated, he kept making angry-sounding statements, waving his arms and was continually looking into the distance for the approaching train whilst pacing up and down the edge of the platform. I managed to attract the attention of station staff and we apprehended him just as the train was coming into view. It turned out that he was wearing one of the then-new phone ear-pieces and was getting grief from his wife for being late home. What I had seen was just his side of the argument...

Fair put the wind up me, though.

Naught as strange as folk!

I am always thankful for my life and that which it has given me - Always think of these words when ever I read or hear this type of story - "There but for the grace of God could I have been".

We are the lucky ones!!

Never were truer words written David.