4mm scale 'WT' rebuild from a Fowler 2-6-4T

Rate this topic

Richard EH

Well, fair play to you, Steve (Railtec). Such a quick reaction is extremely commendable.

The answer above summarises it perfectly. From sight, not only is your amended version a better size (as specified by Dhu Varren), it is also a more realistic colour.

I wasn't aware that Railtec did the 1963-7 coats of arms too. The transfers of them look very accurate and indeed are all too rarely seen on models.

So hats off to Railtec all round.

• 2 months later...
>The Railtec UTA transfers are a little overscale, but better than nothing!

Please could you elaborate further with some specifics? Have sold a considerable number over the years and I don't recall the design having changed, so the comment prompts the question of whether there was more than one size used back in the day. If another pack needs making then we'll do it. The pack contains the red hand roundels, coat of arms and numerals. If you have a photo of a model that you've made using these against a photo of the real thing then I can review.

4mm-5660: UTA pack

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=1101

Steve, thanks for replying....I haven't yet anything UTA in my I tended to concentrate on more CIE territory, before switching to things 009 and Austrian!

I had some original transfers some years ago and from memory they were about 12 inches width - 14 as suggested a hive might be about right. I gave my transfers to the RPSI and DCDR so I can't look them up now.

Quite a few published photos, in particular of "jeeps", would give a better idea than I can.

I commend you on issuing anything UTA at all, as it's a minority interest, despite some extremely interesting operations, locos, lines and rolling stock having come under their watch (initially at any rate, before they hastily closed most!).

In terms of sizes, the UTA used standard sizes of both their original roundel and their later crest, on all things railway and buses alike.

• 1 month later...

Some progress on the lining over the last few weeks. I've used Fox Transfers 0.35mm width 'straw' and 'red' applied individually. Fox do a number of straight and curved sections so it's just a matter of applying the straw, and then the red on the inside to match. This is the first side, and I'll give this a coat of varnish for now to fix the transfers. Bunker, and left hand side to follow. Awaiting the UTA logos from Railtec - they're out of stock at present.

I've also now found the DCC blanking plug so it runs well without needing something else to donate a chip!

Cheers for now.

Richard.WT 51.jpg

WT 50.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all,WT 63.jpg

It's been quite a job to get the lining on the loco, and sealed: As I went through with one line, it was fine, but getting the second line on and sealed was a terrible job..... however, all done now! All it's waiting for now is the Railtec UTA crests on the tanks(on order) and it'll be sorted.....Would I do it again.... better give it a while....!! Very pleased with how it's turned out now though....

Cheers for now

Richard.

WT 60.jpg

WT 61.JPG

WT 62.jpg

• WOW! 1

Hi all,[ATTACH=CONFIG]25391[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25392[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25394[/ATTACH]

It's been quite a job to get the lining on the loco, and sealed: As I went through with one line, it was fine, but getting the second line on and sealed was a terrible job..... however, all done now! All it's waiting for now is the Railtec UTA crests on the tanks(on order) and it'll be sorted.....Would I do it again.... better give it a while....!! Very pleased with how it's turned out now though....

Cheers for now

Richard.

WOW!

She looks absolutely fantastic, the lining looks spot on:-bd