How to upload a PDF?

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

Hello,

I'm just wondering how a upload a PDF on this site as some one asked in ''Modelling'' a DeDietrich for the instructions for the DVT & i now have them in PDF form, the usal way i do it for images won't work for some odd reason (the page with the paper clip & down pointing arrow).

So if any one could help, that will be great! :)

Tony.

Hi Paul

We missed you in Bray today...

Use your iPad to login to the site and when using the 'Replying to Thread' interface, you will notice icons along the top bar, the third last one on the right is the icon for posting an image into your reply, click on it and 'Insert Image' dialogue comes up on screen, click on the top tab 'from computer', then in the next dialogue click on 'Select Files' a browser comes up for your iPad, go to the directory where the file is stored and select it, when the file or files are selected you click on 'Open', in the next dialogue you see the file name to be uploaded in a list, if happy with this you then click on 'Upload File' and its done.

Note- what you see when inserted is text only but this is OK, you only see the image when you post the reply

'Helpdesk' Eoin

Still having a little bit of trouble with that PDF *sigh*

BTW, some photo uploads from the iPad to this site may result in the photo be upside down which can be resolved by editing the photo on the iPad by rotating it upside down & reuploading it by editing your post... For examples of what I mean, look at some if my first posts (done with iPad mini IOS 7) in my thread in the layout section (I think).

Tony, " ticket inspector "

Hi Tony,

Are you getting an error on the PDF upload? The site does have upload size limits which the file might be over?

If you want to email it to me I can upload it manually for you if so?

On images, yes, if you take the photos on iphone or ipad 'upside down' they come out that way when viewed online :)

Hi guys & thanks, had to pass on Bray yesterday, other plans, Eoin that dos'nt work for me as yet, it might be my IPad, or just me. Anyway, I should have said I was intending to put a photo in, in the Letting Of Steam tab, that's wher I'm having problems uploading the photo, thanks again,

Hi Tony,

Are you getting an error on the PDF upload? The site does have upload size limits which the file might be over?

If you want to email it to me I can upload it manually for you if so?

Hi Bokonay,

No error messages pop up, it will show that its uploading & after a 100 ℅ , nothing appears.

If you don't mind, that would be great :D

Tony.