Classes A,B & C, 121,141 and 071

Rate this topic

robbieb

141 and 071 can be bought from model shops like Marks (Dublin) and the model shop Belfast. I remember seeing a C in a. Display case in marks a few months back. Otherwise the As and Cs can be bought from silver fox. The 121s have never been made RTR but MIR made a kit of them up to there closure a few years back. I believe shapeways now make a body for it. The shunters I'm not so sure about...

That only look's a bargin until you check his postal charges, outrageous, I got an almost identical model in August last & the postal cost was £12.75 including Tracked, Signed for & insured, which I thought. wasn't too bad, but of course I would have enjoyed it more if the postage cost was less, I have also got a 141 from the UK wih a postal cost Of £7.00 which I thought was great, especially when you take the present Sterling vs. Euro exchange rates into consideration,

New 141s and 181s are still available from folks such as Chris Dyer and other members of this forum. 121 3D body is available from Shapeways but will need a donor chassis. It looks infinitely superior to the old MIR kit. https://www.shapeways.com/product/S3QTQFYCT/irish-railways-121-class?li=search-results-1&optionId=57420082

PS: The one on the ebay link has super glue stains on one cab end roof.

Edited by Noel

I only noticed after I bid lol, hopefully I'll be outbid. I mailed Dave Bracken and will pick on up off him. I must check out that site for the 121 tho, really want one of those. Thank you very much. Is it hard to get or do the right lighting for them?

The shapeways 121 will need a lot of work to make it look right plus the chassis donors available don t quite measure up. At 84 bucks plus chassis, decals, paints, lights etc it may end up been quite expensive.

As for the silverfox a & c class i wouldn t bother with them and theres been plenty of discussions on here in the past about their downfalls Without the studio scale models detail pack they just don t look right.

141/181's are fairly easily picked up at shows, on the for sale part of this site or i'm sure Mr Bracken would know were a few are for sale. The G class are available from dc kits and silverfox, 071's are still available as well.

Edited by Riversuir226