Grange Castle's Buses

Rate this topic

Grange Castle

Eddie Stobart avatar unusual for this site :) I take it you like your trucks to

Guilty as charged :) Working with them everyday, they've grown on me. Whatever people may think about the company good or bad you've got to admire the fleet they have.

Anthony I think you'll have to do a few eddie models:banana:

Edited by Grange Castle

Guilty as charged :) Working with them everyday, they've grown on me. Whatever people may think about the company good or bad you've got to admire the fleet they have.

Anthony I think you'll have to do a few eddie model:banana:

If I could have a driving job with Stobart I'd be there in the morning. Rumour has it they have started to build a massive depot in Newry just of the by pass along with Tesco. You can see the massive earth moving going on just to the North of the city going North bound its on your right hand side. I have a few Oxford Stobarts in my collection including a rare MAN TGX. Only thing is I can't weather them as Stobarts are always clean.:rolleyes:

If I could have a driving job with Stobart I'd be there in the morning. Rumour has it they have started to build a massive depot in Newry just of the by pass along with Tesco. You can see the massive earth moving going on just to the North of the city going North bound its on your right hand side. I have a few Oxford Stobarts in my collection including a rare MAN TGX. Only thing is I can't weather them as Stobarts are always clean.:rolleyes:

=))Weathering would be an absolute no no, always spotless, washed everyday. Havent heard any rumours about Newry but I have heard that the tankers are on the way. And plenty of brand new tractor units are hitting the roads lately. Yeah i've a couple of the Oxfords myself, next on the list is the Stobart Rail low loader. I tried to order the collection from Atlas Editions but the feckers wouldn't deliver to Southern Ireland :mad:

=))Weathering would be an absolute no no, always spotless, washed everyday. Havent heard any rumours about Newry but I have heard that the tankers are on the way. And plenty of brand new tractor units are hitting the roads lately. Yeah i've a couple of the Oxfords myself, next on the list is the Stobart Rail low loader. I tried to order the collection from Atlas Editions but the feckers wouldn't deliver to Southern Ireland :mad:

I have the Stobart low loader will post some pics of the fleet for you. Try Hattons for the low loader that's where I got mine. Lagan Construction is doing the work on the Stobart/Tesco yard and that's the talk around town. The place is huge. The funny thing is that their new neighbour is no other that Surefreight

Maybe just a lick of mud on the wheel arches? Can't be having something pristine on Anthony's layout! :)

I know mate its killing me =)) Not sure about Stobart Ireland but in the UK they have a cleaning crew that travel around power hosing the trucks while they are waiting to load at the bigger depots. Its very hard to see a really dirty truck.

I have the Stobart low loader will post some pics of the fleet for you. Try Hattons for the low loader that's where I got mine. Lagan Construction is doing the work on the Stobart/Tesco yard and that's the talk around town. The place is huge. The funny thing is that their new neighbour is no other that Surefreight

Had a bit of a nosey in work, this big site in Newry wouldn't be for a supermarket would it ? As all i could see refering to Newry is the buliding of a Tesco Extra which will be roughly twice the size of Sainsbury's. I dont know Newry well haven't been there since i was a kid when the family used to do a xmas beer run :ROFL: so i'm not sure of the location if it make sense to you ?

Had a bit of a nosey in work, this big site in Newry wouldn't be for a supermarket would it ? As all i could see refering to Newry is the buliding of a Tesco Extra which will be roughly twice the size of Sainsbury's. I dont know Newry well haven't been there since i was a kid when the family used to do a xmas beer run :ROFL: so i'm not sure of the location if it make sense to you ?

The Tesco extra is already well under way its on the Belfast road in the town just after the Court house on the site of an old petrol station. The new place where Stobart is supposed to be going is in Carnbane Ind Est beside Surefreight. Lagan Construction is building it my Missus is a former employee of them was tlking to one of the guys working there and he was telling her that it is Stobart they are building it for. Only time will tell.

Now that would be some depot ! I just looked up lagan construction just says basically they where awarded the contract for the site but nothing really more than that :( very cloak and dagger but thats how they work i suppose. If it is a stobart/tesco depot it'll be handy for ya for a bit of stobart spotting :banana:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I taught I had a lotATTACH=CONFIG]5909[/ATTACH]

Lovely collection Train Model :-bd ya can never have too many buses ! My favourite Bus Eireann models are Wrights Gemini and the Scania Izirar. I like the yard you have made I'll have to do something like that when I build my layout. Do you have any non Irish buses ? I have a couple of Blackpool buses and a couple of Trams dont know how they'll fit into my layout but they'll show up somewhere on it :)

the list is endless of models we'd love Brian Collins to do........

Dublin Bus AW Class Bendi in original Delivered Livery for starters

Thank you GSI345 for the posting. The model of VG33 is my focus for the moment, you just never know what could be in the pipeline in the future......

The mention of the Imps & P Class Cityswift beings back memories of traveling on the in the mid 90's.

Thanks Grange Castle, I have a list of models I would like to see also.

A impressive collection of bus models Grange Castle.

Thanks Brian, I started to collect the buses a few years ago but by then a few had been released so i had to do a bit of digging to get some of them. My priority has always been current Dublin Bus livery, but I normally pick up most modern Irish buses. Of the ones I dont have my top of my wish list would be, a KD, P, D, AD and MB

I'm sure the list is endless that people would like.

But for the moment I'm looking forward to your release :banana:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5946[/ATTACH]

Here's Some of your wishlist Grange Castle

Thats a fantastic line up right there GSI I'm well jealous. 22a brings back some memories, used to go by my house years ago, and the nipper/localink at the end is sweet !! And the display on the second KD is spot on. Great collection =D =D I could look at them all day. Thanks for posting them up :tumbsup:

Thats only 2 KD's out of 10.....i love doing Strange Garage Destinations & half scrolled......adds realism

.i hope to have a surprise model or 2 from your wishlist in a few weeks.....so we'll see.......

I always loved the KD on the 22A i remember it Roarin by my road & you could still here it going around Bangor Circle..........

Keep an eye out for a Kit of the KC Single Decker in October........