Grange Castle's Vehicles

Rate this topic

Not sure what, if any will go on oxford general release, instead oxford seem to be using the casting for other company liveries, but any that do go on general release will be a hit in Ireland, the stobart following in Ireland is gathering pace. If your wholesaler gets anything can you keep me in the loop ?

Brian you say you buy from the stobart club, are you a member ?

Not sure what, if any will go on oxford general release, instead oxford seem to be using the casting for other company liveries, but any that do go on general release will be a hit in Ireland, the stobart following in Ireland is gathering pace. If your wholesaler gets anything can you keep me in the loop ?

Brian you say you buy from the stobart club, are you a member ?

Don't worry Jonny, if I hear anything I will let you know. New Catalogue to be announced by Oxford next month. From what I am hearing a Scania T cab & trailer of a well know soft drink company & an Northern Ireland haulier are some of the new releases.

Member of the Stobart Club, long before they even started here in Ireland. They are not liked here in Ireland by other haulage companies, going on what customers say to me when they see Stobart models for sale on my table.

I heard a story from a freight forwarder that prior to Stobart entering the Irish market he sent a truck over to drive up & down the quays in Dublin, talk about making a statement to the competition!

My Monday to Friday job, this freight forwarder discovered my weekness for Stobart models & offered me Stobart models to start doing business with them, but I resisted.

Edited by Brian Collins Enterprises

Don't worry Jonny, if I hear anything I will let you know. New Catalogue to be announced by Oxford next month. From what I am hearing a Scania T cab & trailer of a well know soft drink company & an Northern Ireland haulier are some of the new releases.

Member of the Stobart Club, long before they even started here in Ireland. They are not liked here in Ireland by other haulage companies, going on what customers say to me when they see Stobart models for sale on my table.

I heard a story from a freight forwarder that prior to Stobart entering the Irish market he sent a truck over to drive up & down the quays in Dublin, talk about making a statement to the competition!

My Monday to Friday job, this freight forwarder discovered my weekness for Stobart models & offered me Stobart models to start doing business with them, but I resisted.

Yeah other haulage firms hate them but i think thats the same as the UK, they are fierce competion if your in that game, i work with stobart (not directly) everyday and i have to say i just love their fleet ok i know its all leased but by god most of them are immaculate.

I'm in the club myself and love Ch 5 on a fri night ! sad or what. Just waiting for news on stobartfest for this year to organise a trip over.

For stobart models I'd have done anything ha ha

Yeah other haulage firms hate them but i think thats the same as the UK, they are fierce competion if your in that game, i work with stobart (not directly) everyday and i have to say i just love their fleet ok i know its all leased but by god most of them are immaculate.

I'm in the club myself and love Ch 5 on a fri night ! sad or what. Just waiting for news on stobartfest for this year to organise a trip over.

For stobart models I'd have done anything ha ha

I would have put money on it that you would be glued to Channel 5 on a Friday night with the current series of Eddie Stobart - Trucks & Trailers.

It would be interesting to find out how many members they have in Ireland & would they consider allowing a depot open day like what the do in the UK?

Anti bribery & corruption policies in place where I work, sure they might have found it hard to find a model I don't have in my collection!

Thanks kevin, I have it in my watch list already :D Not sure if i like it too much though, some of those code 3 er's just basically stick a stobart sign on anything and try to sell them for mad prices. Main thing that puts me off most of the code 3's is the cabs, they need to be fleet wrapped ones, a simple swap out of the cabs would make a big difference. Now i'd love if someone would do one of these http://www.mallaghan.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/STOBARTAIR-TA4500-DEICER-CAND-ICE-3.jpg.jpg cracking machine altogether, cand-ice is her fleet name.

Edited by Grange Castle

I would have put money on it that you would be glued to Channel 5 on a Friday night with the current series of Eddie Stobart - Trucks & Trailers.

It would be interesting to find out how many members they have in Ireland & would they consider allowing a depot open day like what the do in the UK?

Anti bribery & corruption policies in place where I work, sure they might have found it hard to find a model I don't have in my collection!

Problem with a depot tour here I imagine would be the lack of actual depots, they have the Dublin port site but the only ones similar to the UK would be Tesco Warehouse in Donabate or Tesco/Keelings Warehouse in Ballymun.

I see the nexy Stobartfest is to be announced in the next fortnight so I think i'll be having a little trip to the UK soon ;)

Also they are teaming up with truckfest and will have a few of their " well known Drivers " and trucks at their shows although they are ticket only where stobartfest is usually free.

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7408[/ATTACH]

Here's something I sure you will be adding to your Stobart collection Jonny:)

Eddie Stobart LED Teletubby Volvo FH is now a general release, as I missed it when it was exclusive to the Stobart Collectors Club. Two horseboxes are also being released.

Yes I think a few of them are needed to go with what I have so far..

20130603_221343.jpg

(sorry poor pic quality)

Are you getting any in Brian ?

The teletubby is a nice model, as are the horseboxes, the silver one is a beaut !

stobart rail.jpg

Edited by Grange Castle

Yes I think a few of them are needed to go with what I have so far..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7414[/ATTACH]

(sorry poor pic quality)

Are you getting any in Brian ?

The teletubby is a nice model, as are the horseboxes, the silver one is a beaut !

I will be ordering then in Jonny for business stock, but some will make it into my own Stobart collection.

The Dapol sets are nice, I have four sets, I haven't purchased the loco yet.

Stick me down for a few containers :-)

The loco i have is eddie the engine theres is another available called bertie ( i think )

Any idea when containers are due ?

Bart the Engine, a Hornby DB Schenker Class 92.

Hope you can get those Dapol wagons running properly, I know people who've had problems with them.

Bart the Engine, a Hornby DB Schenker Class 92.

Hope you can get those Dapol wagons running properly, I know people who've had problems with them.

Thats the one, knew it started with B haha. I've ran my wagons on a test oval with a set of points on it and there where no obvious problems.

Anything in particular i should look outfor ?

Thats the one, knew it started with B haha. I've ran my wagons on a test oval with a set of points on it and there where no obvious problems.

Anything in particular i should look outfor ?

There was a lot of drag on their axles as far as I know. They were a hard slog up gradients. with the wheels being that small a bit of dirt or grit can derail them easy enough too.

Having said that they're really nice wagons. Perhaps Dapol made improvements over the first batch. The wagons themselves need to be weathered mind you, the blue is really bright and the real ones got manky very quickly.

Believe it or not there has been two Eddie the engines. The first is the one you have (I have one too, sweet loco) and then the second was when DB got the Stobart gig and painted up 66 048 (I think that was the number) Anyway it derailed on it's first outing for Stobart in Scotland and has since been dumped in Toton looking very sorry for itself. A write off I'd imagine.

DRS also painted up a second loco in Stobart livery and called it 'James the Engine'; 66 412 I believe. Both since have emigrated to Eastern Europe!

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update, I've not been on the forum for a while due to the laptop not working. Few new models arriving at Grange Castle.

I'll try and put up more pics during the week.

I'll start with the recent expansion of the Grange Castle Garda fleet, got 2 of each, so no cuts to the Garda fleet here =))

Garda 004.jpg

Garda 002.jpg

Garda 005.jpg

Garda 006.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_3209.jpg

All are based on this

Delta-72-Scania-11-D-35634.jpg

DFB models done so far are D21, D22, D25 ( Dolphins Barn ) D71, D72 (Tallaght) still a bit of modification to do on them i.e lightbar painted, reg plate changed and rear beacon removed and D25 needs ladders removed and equipment placed on top.

DSC_0492.jpg

Edited by Grange Castle

What model is your refuse lorry

Hi Train Model, its a cararama 1/80 refuse truck. The odd one pops up on ebay from time to time and they are not too expensive. I also got a cararama road sweeper to match ! Pic was awful though so I didnt upload it. I'll try to get better pics up later.

• 2 weeks later...
Great job on the an post transit.By the way the bonnet on

that van should be all over an post green.If you want any

photos I work in an post and see the bloody things everyday.

Great job though.

Thanks Enniscorthyman :) yeah a couple of decals are not quite right on some of them, but I think they generally look ok. The next An Post vehicles planned are a green transit, green box lorry and a green tractor/trailer, but not for a little while yet. If you have any pics you think may help that would be great.

Hi Grangecastle,

your diecast fleet is getting more and more impressive, good stuff. Where did you source the Mitsubishi FUSO from, ebay???

Is it 1:87 scale? I would very much like to get hold of one of these with the intention of turning it into a hi-rail vehicle for my layout.

Came across a hi-rail version of the real thing once over in NZ. It was a FUSO Campervan/track inspection vehicle. Quiet a bizzar thing to watch pass by on the railway track!

Cheers, Tom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8382[/ATTACH]

Hi Grangecastle,

your diecast fleet is getting more and more impressive, good stuff. Where did you source the Mitsubishi FUSO from, ebay???

Is it 1:87 scale? I would very much like to get hold of one of these with the intention of turning it into a hi-rail vehicle for my layout.

Came across a hi-rail version of the real thing once over in NZ. It was a FUSO Campervan/track inspection vehicle. Quiet a bizzar thing to watch pass by on the railway track!

Cheers, Tom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8382[/ATTACH]

Thanks Tom :tumbsup: That sounds like a strange sight alright. Yes the FUSO is 1/87. I got two of them already decaled on ebay (uk) Try German ebay you might find a blank one on there now and again, I saw a while back. I find the german site great for vehicles. Also Best Toys do a canter in 1/76 scale in a couple of different styles and colours, I'm going get one turned into a Brennans truck eventually. They're about £10 - £ 15 stg, I think they came from Hong Kong if i remember right. They do an IKEA one which looks good for a base model.

Thanks, Jonny.

Hi Grange Castle,

I think you will have to re register those vans with irish number plates, i think the import vrt has gone up from 50 euro,

Anyway great job they all look the business,

Eamon.

Thanks Eamon :tumbsup: Re reging the van is on the to do list, but the thoughts of sitting down to them is killing me, they are fiddly feckers to say the least but once i start them I'll stick at them. Just have to hide them from excise till then :ROFL:

Jonny.