Rate this topic

Dave

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shows you what can be done with PECO track work in the right hands , The station crossover is particularly well executed. The additional of trackside accessories always lifts track wok and is an area that many modellers overlook, Real track beds, were festooned with all sorts of gubbins

given thats PECO, Id love to see what your handiwork would look like with finer track work like c&L etc

well done

Dave

Thanks lads :tumbsup:

Bos, I'll get some more pics of it. Still have to finish the scenery on it.

Junctionmad, there are more details to go on such as rely boxes they should really look well. Peco track can be made to look really well once painted and weathered, but I will be building a layout for a client later this year using C&L track and I will be making the points so hopefully that should look the business!

Junctionmad, there are more details to go on such as rely boxes they should really look well. Peco track can be made to look really well once painted and weathered, but I will be building a layout for a client later this year using C&L track and I will be making the points so hopefully that should look the business!

That will be very interesting, indeed, Ill be following that with interest as thats right up what I and trying to ( in 00-SF)

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more progress, layout is back together. The TMD is next up for scenery and the viaduct is in place almost finished. The concrete area in the TMD is 3mm MDF bonded to 1mm card which brings it up to the height of the rails then scribed painted and weathered. The inserts in the track are plasticard, I'm not a fan of using filler as it is very difficult to get it to look right and as this layout comes apart I would have had to have the join in the filler and that would have been a nightmare!

2016-02-12 12.47.17.jpg

2016-02-10 19.02.45.jpg

2016-02-10 19.02.55.jpg

2016-02-12 12.47.12.jpg

Excellent looking layout so far. I especially like the track work. Really goes to show what can be done with Peco track. Is is code 75 or 100 and what ballast and weathering paint did you use?

The track is Peco code 75. Airbrushed with sleeper grime. I paint the track first then ballast, then I lightly weather the ballast. The ballast is Polak TT gauge a product that I sell. I like the TT gauge as I find most OO gauge ballast is over scale.