BosKonay

Irish Railway Models Launch

Hi folks,

Just to let you know, ballast wagon pack 1 has sold out on irishrailwaymodels.com. These sets had sold-out previously, but came back into stock as several customers took up the option of swapping some of their purchases for packs 2 and 3 when they were announced.

If you are still in need of pack 1, Mark's Models have an allocation. There's a hand-painted sample currently on display at Mark's Models' Hawkins Street premises, too.

In other news, I spoke to the factory earlier and we're still on course for delivery in April. The countdown has begun! :)

Edited by Garfield

We took a trip to the recent Model Rail Scotland show in Glasgow where we met, amongst others, the legendary modeller and former editor of British Railway Modelling Tony Wright. Tony was impressed with our now slightly battered and well travelled pre-production samples and offered to take some professional grade pictures of them for us. We thought we would share them with you.

At the show we met with Hornby Magazine, Model Rail magazine, Rail Express magazine and Railway Modeller. Keep an eye out in all of the above for updates!

Production of the ballast wagon is well underway in China, with tweaks having been made to the model based on feedback on the model pictured. Pack A is now sold out!

There are still refinements being made to the bubble before it arrives in the summer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good Fran. Really looking forward to getting delivery of a rake of ballasts, and later the rake of bubbles. I was able to inspect one of the ballasts close up recently (thank you) and it has stunning detail when you see it in the flesh. Especially underneath. Please post here before any coverage goes to print in the UK mags as I no longer read hardcopy print media, but will buy a physical mag if I know there's a piece in it on IRM. I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but I can't remember or find the answer, are the ballasts weathered or pristine? I know you posted a weathered example here but can't remember if that was an intended finish sample. Thanks.

Noel

Looking good Fran. Really looking forward to getting delivery of a rake of ballasts, and later the rake of bubbles. I was able to inspect one of the ballasts close up recently (thank you) and it has stunning detail when you see it in the flesh. Especially underneath. Please post here before any coverage goes to print in the UK mags as I no longer read hardcopy print media, but will buy a physical mag if I know there's a piece in it on IRM. I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but I can't remember or find the answer, are the ballasts weathered or pristine? I know you posted a weathered example here but can't remember if that was an intended finish sample. Thanks.

Noel

Thanks Noel, glad you enjoyed the closer look. All our news gets posted here as well as in the mags of course (we've been lucky to receive great support and coverage from them so far!) so you won't miss out. One publication does want to do a sit down interview with us in the near future and we will give everyone a heads up when it happens.

The ballasts and bubbles will be pristine when they arrive.

Smashing pics gents. It's nice to see the little detail differences in both chassis. It's gonna be a big year for the hobby and a great start to it with the ballast's. A big shout out to Richie for the paint jobs.

Rich,

Smashing pics gents. It's nice to see the little detail differences in both chassis. It's gonna be a big year for the hobby and a great start to it with the ballast's. A big shout out to Richie for the paint jobs.

Rich,

Cheers Rich, we're on the home straight at last! :)

As you may have seen elsewhere, you can now order our wagons through Marks Models too! You'll have to act fast though; they're selling well and are in limited supply! We think it looks right at home in that sea of orange paint! :)

IMG_1326.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that we respond to all customer emails, but our responses can end up in your spam/junk email folder. If you have emailed us recently and are waiting for a response, please check your spam folder.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

It's the final countdown!

qn5jkk.jpg

We'll be at the NDMRS exhibition in Bangor on April 22nd and 23rd and we're planning on having the ballast wagons for sale at it.

If you have already ordered yours and want to pick them up at Bangor, please let us know in advance and bring along ID and proof of purchase on the day. :)

Edited by Garfield

I'll be there, great news.:banana:

what proof of purchase do you need?

I'll be there, great news.:banana:

what proof of purchase do you need?

Hi Popeye, a print out of your order email will do!

It's the final countdown!

qn5jkk.jpg

We'll be at the NDMRS exhibition in Bangor on April 22nd and 23rd and we're planning on having the ballast wagons for sale at it.

If you have already ordered yours and want to pick them up at Bangor, please let us know in advance and bring along ID and proof of purchase on the day. :)

Hi Patrick. Thanks for update. What date do you expect to deliver to ROI customers? Noel

Will these get delayed by customs when they land here? Hopefully they pass through quick enough.

When can we expect to get them by post if we can't attend the show in Bangor? Can they be collected in Dublin instead?

Regards,

Ray.

Will these get delayed by customs when they land here? Hopefully they pass through quick enough.

Hi Railer, we don't envisage any hold-up at customs when they land. The biggest task facing us will be the quality control check we'll be conducting on each set before dispatch, but once the four of us have enough coffee it shouldn't take too long! :)

Hi Patrick. Thanks for update. What date do you expect to deliver to ROI customers? Noel

When can we expect to get them by post if we can't attend the show in Bangor? Can they be collected in Dublin instead?

Regards,

Ray.

Good afternoon, gents. All going well, postal orders will be dispatched before the Bangor show. Anyone who has chosen to collect their order at a show will be able to do so at Stillorgan or Blackrock. We plan on having wagons for sale at these shows, so let us know beforehand and we'll leave your order to one side (remember to bring ID and proof of purchase). Alternatively, we can arrange to meet in the Dublin area - just drop us a line via PM or at info[at]irishrailwaymodels.com.

Good afternoon, gents. All going well, postal orders will be dispatched before the Bangor show. Anyone who has chosen to collect their order at a show will be able to do so at Stillorgan or Blackrock. We plan on having wagons for sale at these shows, so let us know beforehand and we'll leave your order to one side (remember to bring ID and proof of purchase). Alternatively, we can arrange to meet in the Dublin area - just drop us a line via PM or at info[at]irishrailwaymodels.com.

Hi Patrick.

Thanks, but because the 'Exhibition/Shows' such as Stillorgan and Blackrock are not until June and October respectively, can folks who elected for 'Exhibition/Show Pickup' now request the stock be delivered by post, and pay for the postage via the IRM web site using their login account?

And if yes, could we expect postal delivery of our orders on or before April 22nd?

Thanks.

Noel

Posted (edited)
Hi Patrick.

Thanks, but because the 'Exhibition/Shows' such as Stillorgan and Blackrock are not until June and October respectively, can folks who elected for 'Exhibition/Show Pickup' now request the stock be delivered by post, and pay for the postage via the IRM web site using their login account?

And if yes, could we expect postal delivery of our orders on or before April 22nd?

Thanks.

Noel

Hi Noel,

Yes, people who selected for 'Exhibtion/Show Pick-up' email us at info[at]irishrailwaymodels.com and request a postage quote. If you would like to change your delivery option from exhibition pick-up to post/courier, get in touch and we will organise for you to pay the additional cost through our online facility.

As for your second query it's too early to confirm but it is what we'll be aiming to do. Please remember that we are doing this in our spare time, we will be checking each box for QC issues and signing them off for dispatch too so it will take a little while to work through the back log. We literally have hundreds of parcels and orders to organise! It will be done on a 'first order, first delivery' basis with the earliest customers getting their packs posted or dropped to them first.

We will also be contacting those with outstanding payments in the coming days to complete their purchases. :)

Edited by Warbonnet

I should be at the next Bray Wheelers show on April 9th

If the wagons have arrived by then and it suits the IRM lads you can collect your wagons from me there

Obviously I will have to sort out the finer details with the lads but I dont see any problem my end.

I should be at the next Bray Wheelers show on April 9th

If the wagons have arrived by then and it suits the IRM lads you can collect your wagons from me there

Obviously I will have to sort out the finer details with the lads but I dont see any problem my end.

I think it will be after April 9th Dave but if they do arrive beforehand we will touch base. Thanks for the very kind offer!

Hi Noel,

Yes, people who selected for 'Exhibtion/Show Pick-up' email us at info[at]irishrailwaymodels.com and request a postage quote. If you would like to change your delivery option from exhibition pick-up to post/courier, get in touch and we will organise for you to pay the additional cost through our online facility.

As for your second query it's too early to confirm but it is what we'll be aiming to do. Please remember that we are doing this in our spare time, we will be checking each box for QC issues and signing them off for dispatch too so it will take a little while to work through the back log. We literally have hundreds of parcels and orders to organise! It will be done on a 'first order, first delivery' basis with the earliest customers getting their packs posted or dropped to them first.

We will also be contacting those with outstanding payments in the coming days to complete their purchases. :)

Thanks Fran

eMail sent. Order placed in 2015 for 12 wagons was fully paid over a year ago.

Looking forward to delivery of the products.

Noel

Since I'm the only northsider I'll be holding some stock, so if some folk want a coffee and a bit of craic, I'd be happy to discharge same. R

Great news. Is there any expected time of arrival on the two-axle Irish Cement “Bubble” wagons yet?