Irish Railway Models Launch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

An "A class" might make the perfect 'end game' after two dry runs! :)

A less expensive one piece injection moulding for the entire body due the simpler shape, unlike the GMs which require three separate plastic moulds just for the main loco body (i.e. cab x2 + centre + chassis floor), and no expensive hand rail details to be be added so less labour.

In jest with hope! :)

C

An "A class" might make the perfect 'end game' after two dry runs! :)

A less expensive one piece injection moulding for the entire body due the simpler shape, unlike the GMs which require three separate plastic moulds just for the main loco body (i.e. cab x2 + centre + chassis floor), and no expensive hand rail details to be be added so less labour.

In jest with hope! :)

Alas if only that simple. Remember, the A's were re-engined and gained headlights etc. You'd be talking a couple of mouldings at least, and a spare 150k of course! Keep dreaming! :)

Yes, turf burner. Little ones with LED's for signal boxes etc. Ye hardly thought I meant that turfburner?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20454[/ATTACH]

Look here you! Your on thin ice now! Next you will be tellin us the H van is some all Renault van which can't get past 3rd and with no brake! (grumbles incoherently)

Edited by GSR 800

C

Alas if only that simple. Remember, the A's were re-engined and gained headlights etc. You'd be talking a couple of mouldings at least, and a spare 150k of course! Keep dreaming! :)

:) Well modern compound tooling can cope with that without the need for stick on pieces, but alas will keep dreaming. Cheers.

Lads.. lads...

I know ye're all getting excited, but try not to lose the run of yourselves! ;)

What about a model of the 25000 class high speed electric ICR due to replace the 22k in 10 years time when they are sent to the north wall due to plastic fatigue! :)

In jest. Seriously looking forward to the ballast hoppers as they nicely straddle the era I am most fond of.

No need, they'll be going free with the RTR Turfburner released on the 01st April 2016.

Edit - Actually I believe other producers have the H-Van on their "work" sheet.

I think Richie is talking about mine!

You'd have seen the prototype at Blackrock, if Michael hadn't taken ill.

Early next year and by Bangor, is the plan.

Leslie

C

Hmm, Noel beat me to it but I had 'dreamed' that after the fertilizer wagons (which follow the bubble) that sufficient surplus have been put aside to consider a locomotive. The 121 if produced would be well into design/on the market unless of course it is not. The A would by far and away be the most popular diesel to produce. A J15 perhaps but I don;t know if that would be as popular with people buying multiple. That's a given for me if there was a quality A class.

At least one of each livery:trains:

A J15 perhaps

Possibly Kev. I believe one of the reasons the steam era is not modelled half as much as the diesel era is the lack of rtr models from that era. I have noted, over the past couple of months a bit of an increase in interest in the steam era. Kieran has a good few NCC locos running round. Anto has a nice amount of steamers running round as well. The modified NCC tank no. 4. I myself run steamers and I am in the middle of converting a mogul and a King Arthur . Nelson and his excellent models of NCC. The steam era is a very interresting one..a humble J15 might kick things off......

Edited by GSR 800
Spelling!

A J15 could be in earlier and later boiler versions, earlier / later cabs, and earlier / later smokeboxes. Original or later tenders would be other variations.

With so many variations (look at the RPSI's 184 and 186, how different they are), the manufacturer might need to research which was most saleable, and possibly offer half a dozen separate numbers.

There'd be no need for livery variations! Every single one of the class was grey from even pre GSR days until the end. None ever wore green or black, though a single one (possibly 193, I forget...) got a unique livery of grey with a black smokebox almost at the end of steam - probably the only grey engine ever to get a black smokebox.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a steam locomotive is not something we're planning on doing.

Hooray!, It's the A class then:tumbsup:......;)

A J15 could be in earlier and later boiler versions, earlier / later cabs, and earlier / later smokeboxes. Original or later tenders would be other variations.

With so many variations (look at the RPSI's 184 and 186, how different they are), the manufacturer might need to research which was most saleable, and possibly offer half a dozen separate numbers.

There'd be no need for livery variations! Every single one of the class was grey from even pre GSR days until the end. None ever wore green or black, though a single one (possibly 193, I forget...) got a unique livery of grey with a black smokebox almost at the end of steam - probably the only grey engine ever to get a black smokebox.

I think the point would be that if something like a loco was done, it would not want to have (m)any variations on the body design (and a not too intricate design) so no new moulds would be needed only livery changes to recoup the cost with least expense

I have a weekly* look in my spam filter, just in case, and I've just found my account confirmation and the confirmation of order in there - having had confirmation of the PayPal payment, I never thought of anything else in the excitement.

It might be worth having a look yourself, should you be likely to have received similar communications.

* approximately - it's a good idea, in general..