Jason's Workbench

Rate this topic

JasonB

Here are some IE auto-ballasters that ive been working on.Ive added a ballast load and gave them a bit of a weathering and tail lamps added which are from SSM.I have done four with two more to be finished which will make a nice rake of six with two generators at both ends. 

jason pics 162.jpg

jason pics 164.jpg

jason pics 166.jpg

jason pics 167.jpg

jason pics 169.jpg

jason pics 175.jpg

Edited by JasonB
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

Are they resprays or are there any of the commissioned models left anywhere? I only managed to get one twin pack when they were released and they sold out very fast. I was hoping another run of standards without the genny version would be released.

Any of the standards I've seen without the genny knocking around are all resprays.Most of them look well once its had a decent paint job done on it.

• Like 1

Next up,I decided to put to good use some Dapol prestwin kits which i had picked up a while back,so i ordered myself some curtain-sided resin bodies from David at D&M models.I really like the look of this wagon and Im looking forward to getting stuck into them over the next few weeks.I made a start on a few of the chassis last week so im going to keep going on them before i do anything else.jason pics 145.jpg

• Like 1

Bit more progress with the curtain sides.Chassis`have had their couplers and buffers added and have all got a blast of paint.I have also attached a Kadee to the what will be the lead wagon.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20672[/ATTACH]Im going to get cracking on the bodies over the weekend if i get a chance but sure that never goes to plan:)Im hoping when finished to get them close to how they looked around the mid 90s.Their appearance from any videos i seen from that period had them looking heavily weathered and just tired looking in general with the main colour of blue barely showing thru.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive hardly got near the workbench since the last post which was a few weeks back,Id been dipping in and out if i got a chance in the evenings after work but realised i was getting nowhere fast,so i decided to concentrate on getting 2 or 3 of the wagons done instead of trying to do them all together,just to get an idea of how they looked when finished.Ive a couple of weeks off over the christmas to look forward to so Ill have a bit more spare time to put into completing the remainder then,which will be 15 in total.Im also going to order some of the vertical door version from IFM in the new year to add a bit of variety to the rake.Here are some pics of the 4 that are done to date.Decals and lamps are from the ever reliable Des (SSM).jason pics 194.jpg

jason pics 200.jpg

jason pics 202.jpg

jason pics 207.jpg

jason pics 181.jpg

jason pics 182.jpg

jason pics 183.jpg

jason pics 186.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

Jason,

First time I've had the chance to look through the thread in it's entirety and I find it most impressive, and even better to see some actual modelling on here :P - the finish on those cement wagons is really top top stuff. Any chance you'd share your workflow? Is it enamel/acrylic ? Weathering powders or airbrush?

The streaking down the canvas sides is particularly tidy, and since you've "a few" to do, maybe even a tutorial?

Richie.