Jason's Workbench

Rate this topic

JasonB

• 1 month later...

This is one of my Bachmann ballast wagons which I resprayed a while back to use with my NIR locos.Im not sure why but I had this in general chat at the time so I thought id stick it up on this thread instead,reason being I'm going to make a start on the remaining wagons that I never bothered to finish back then.Even though ive put a bit of work into weathering the interior I think I'll add a ballast load to each as well instead of running them empty.C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_jason pics 044.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_jason pics 032.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_jason pics 034.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_jason pics 036.jpg

100_0660.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_jason pics 043.jpg

That rust looks so good, I wouldn't 'spoil' it with a load of ballast. Nice job!

Lovely work Jason, the rust looks so real.

Agreed, the inside of that wagon is verisimilitude at its finest.

Thanks lads much appreciated:tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't managed to get much work done on the wagons the last few weeks but here's the progress so far.All have had a couple of coats of yellow and while doing that I've taken the chance to give some a rougher finish than others,the reason for that will be further down the line.I've been in two minds about adding the ballast load especially after the positive comments on how well the rust looked in the first wagon.So what I decided to do was add a load to one of the freshly painted wagons and weather it just above and below that ballast line.By doing this it would just be a matter of digging it back out and weathering the whole interior instead if I decided not to keep it in.Now that its dried and hardened I'm liking how it looks so I,ll continue on weathering and filling the rest.Once their all done I can make a start on finishing touches.100_0976.jpg

100_0977.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been a bit busy of late with one thing and another but ive eventually got the Bachmann seacows finished.Ive also started on a Hornby one as well to make up a rake of seven which was in and around the norm I think.As with the autoballasters I worked on previously ive done a bit of work to change the colour of the load because I wasn't happy with how it looked at all and Ive also given them a bit of a weathering so they all don't look identical.100_1000.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_1006.jpg

100_1005.jpg

100_1004.jpg

100_1003.jpg

Very nice Jason, they look great and the graffiti is good,not too much.:tumbsup:

Cheers Popeye,the graffiti was more an experiment than anything else,it took was awful lot of cutting masking tape and too much time cleaning an airbrush,think it will be decals next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Next job on the list is my MK2 EGV.I know it has been discussed at length here previously regarding the finish of this model so I won't go into it again myself.The reason its on the bench is,when it was released first time around in the IE livery I was slow off the mark to pick one up,and when I did eventually go looking I couldn't get one anywhere.The general opinion from what Ive read seems to be that you can get away with using this because its closer to IE orange rather than Supertrain so I had this in mind when I bought it.Anyway i'll give it a shot and see how it goes.100_0903.jpg

• 3 weeks later...