Rate this topic

leslie10646

Irish layouts include -

O'Connell Street Tramway (now even longer!) is at B44

Valencia Harbour B45

Schull B46

Stanfording is "0" Gauge and is separate at D45

You'll find me on Stand B33, just round the corner from the others -

Irish Railway Record Society - right opposite the refreshment area!

I will be displaying my next two wagons so come along and have a look. The kits will be available within weeks and I can take orders.

Also, come and see the treasures of the IRRS Archive which my friend Richard McLachlan has been digitising - Great Northern (others later) locos, coaches, wagons and buildings.

We will also have a stock of Irish railway books for sale, including the latest publications.

At least drop by and say "Hallo" - or if you're not a member of The Society -

COME AND JOIN!!!!

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646

I did. Once. Terrible overcrowding. Never again.

Aw, come on, Ivan. I agree that it can be crowded at some layouts / traders - you couldn't get near the Cup-winning MRSI layout two years ago - but you simply go and look at another and come back when it's quieter.

Never any problem seeing layouts on the Sunday (as Blaine has just beaten me to say), or late afternoon Saturday.

Aw, come on, Ivan. I agree that it can be crowded at some layouts / traders - you couldn't get near the Cup-winning MRSI layout two years ago - but you simply go and look at another and come back when it's quieter. .....

I'm afraid that my one and only visit to Warley in 2001 put me off for life. The sheer crush of people was as bad as travelling on the London Underground, coupled with scenes of barely-contained acquisitive savagery at the Bachmann trade stand. It was the show at which the notorious Dapol Virgin Pendolino set became available, so there was extra savagery there.

I'm afraid that my one and only visit to Warley in 2001 put me off for life. The sheer crush of people was as bad as travelling on the London Underground, coupled with scenes of barely-contained acquisitive savagery at the Bachmann trade stand. It was the show at which the notorious Dapol Virgin Pendolino set became available, so there was extra savagery there.

That was my 1st Warley. Still managed to enjoy it

Have never seen your layout in the flesh except limited views on 2013 SDMRC thread. Looks very impressive. Good luck with it!

Thank You, hardly 'my' layout as a team of 20 people contributed to it. Will have plenty of photos and video footage by the end of the weekend too

I attended the Warley exhibition today and I wasn't disappointed,

Nice to see O'Connell street flying the flag

Lots and lots to entertain and great bargains,

Warren lane container depot was one of my favourite layouts and I spent quite a bit of time watching its operation,

image-952177957.jpg

Warley Exhibition 2015

Some pictures I took of the Warley exhibition 2015. I attended both days and was not disappointed, although Saturday was the busiest. Thanks to everyone whom made the effort and took time to talk and discuss any queries I had. I agree with Noel in that “Warren lane” was the layout to see. It continually kept your interest with the gantries lifting and laying continuously when trains weren’t passing, a great layout

The home land was well represented by four layouts, Standfording GNRi in 7mm, O’Connell’s St Trams, Schull OOn30 and Valencia Harbour 4mm, all demonstrating different themes and aspects. Well done to one and all

A great weekend, The Derry Road

ajqjp2.jpg15rxrmw.jpg98hpiv.jpg21e7oer.jpg

1grqc9.jpg1kobk.jpg30966tx.jpg14kjwvt.jpg

2cp8aqo.jpg Thanks for looking in TDR

I manage to go to the Warley Show at the NEC every year - this year was particularly enjoyable for a number of reasons - it seemed to be not so busy on the Sunday, good for the visitors' point of view if not the organisers - a varied selection of Irish stands from Marks Models, through IRRS to four, I believe it was, layouts. I saw Valencia Harbour in Cheltenham at the end of October and it was just as enjoyable second time around. Some of the detail on O'Connell Street was quite remarkable, in particular the cyclist with moving legs! Almost unbelievable in 4mm.

There was also a most enjoyable lecture by Tony Wright on making the prototype fit the available space, he who has a shed 30' x 12' in his back garden!

Stephen

Like our own 071 class celebrating 40 years in traffic next year,the HST is the same....this for me was a great line up of the various liveries from the beginning-all OO gauge.

[ATTACH]21470[/ATTACH]

Were there any FGW-liveried HSTs? Or are they now too valuable to put on public display?

Like our own 071 class celebrating 40 years in traffic next year,the HST is the same....this for me was a great line up of the various liveries from the beginning-all OO gauge.

Fab collection of 125 sets. The 1st time I saw a 125 was in Bath around 1976. I remember being well impressed and it sounded great.

• 2 weeks later...