Anthony's Workbench

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

Don't know how fair this will get :/

Welcome!

In this work bench, my first project will be on a Enterprise (New) Test Train, which will be consisted of a Ex BR IC Swallow liveried Mk4 DVT into a full yellow DVT & two modified full yellow Mk3 coaches being pushed with a Enterprising Locomotive. Hopefully the next project will be converting some Mk4s into a dedietrich set (swoosh livery), then hopefully building a layout (DCC or dc?).

When I get PST working, I'll post my plans for the NTT & progress.

Morning all,

Here are the two prototype designs for the Mk4 NTT DVT

image.jpg

I'm still undecided as of yet of which one to go for.... image.jpg

I have glued on a dropped head buckeye coupler on to the front of the actual Mk4 DVT & when once painted, there will be more details added later, some details will be added before painting.... But you'll see them when it comes to that time.

image.jpg

Somethings going on in the 'digital workshop' for the future layout .....image.png

The depot sign is for the custom homemade built depot I'll be building based on various depots, mainly Adelaide Depot in Belfast. It'll be used to hold a threE car CAF in one road & two co-co locomotives in the other road. It'll be fitted with working jacks to lift the three car CAF (or locomotive if in the correct road).

Map key:

O = destination (siding / station platform / shed)

o = signal

• = points

AT = automatic signal (see everard junctions video on signals)

--P** = point number

MANED = manual changing signal (user controlled)

STOP = Buffers

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by tonybonneyba

So Holyfast is a terminus, a bit like Cookstown was. Could it be somewhere the NCC and the GNR both came into from different directions, or maybe the GNR and a northern extension of the MGWR....

The MGWR had some fine red brick stations like Ballynahinch (Co Galway), Ballyvary, or Mallaranny... Maybe it's an ex MGWR building in your scenario which end up in the north after partition in 1921.

image.jpgInteresting head / tail light....

So Holyfast is a terminus, a bit like Cookstown was. Could it be somewhere the NCC and the GNR both came into from different directions, or maybe the GNR and a northern extension of the MGWR....

The MGWR had some fine red brick stations like Ballynahinch (Co Galway), Ballyvary, or Mallaranny... Maybe it's an ex MGWR building in your scenario which end up in the north after partition in 1921.

If I understand of what you are saying, then yes by modern day terms of course. The station will be the terminus for some enterprise services, NIR services and some IÉ services, it'll also be the main station for DCDR Mainline / GNDR (Great Northern Down Railway). You could be be right, you could be wrong, I haven't as of yet decided the back story of the station.... ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Right, here's the plan for the next few months:

Get the MMI connection on the 201 (8208) & at the correct size (currently slightly too big)

Get the MKIV test train sorted

Skip the DD

Build a locomotive at HOm scale (equivalent to 3ft) based on the IOM "class 550", No.21 AKA, Isle of Man no.21

Then once these are done, I should able start into the layout

Which me luck ;)

The vistiors were not pleased.. But the layout design is looking good! What era are you planning?

"The vistiors were not pleased.." ?? <- I'm confused :confused:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. The era is between 2005 & late 2015, but please do remember it's a fictional layout based around on a couple of fictional towns around the border of the north & south if Ireland with a 3ft gauge branch line operated by the Isle Of Man Railway (in partnership with NIR & IÉ)which goes through the town of Ballynawood as a tram type line (like Alexander Rd in Dublin).

Right, let's skip over my bad English ( I can speak it perfectly fine btw)....

I have finished the MMI connection & need put it on the locomotive, which I'll do once some problems get sorted out (I'm not going say what they are as I'm going send them off to somewhere to get fixed) on the locomotive. While I send off the locomotive to that some where, I'm going start scratch building the first narrow gauge locomotive, some of you's might know what locomotive it is, some of you might not. It is the IOMR new diesel locomotive No.21 (which is similar in design to a 141).

image.jpg

No.21 at the test track in the factory in the USA. Press release photo from the manufacturers website, railsoultions.com

I have found a good priced locomotive for a donor chasia on eBay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/381477286902

Once I buy that, I can start scratch building the locomotive.

Edited by tonybonneyba
Fe*ckin auto correct

Nice Garden Scale Loco there Tony :)

That's actually a 3 foot guage locomotive, it's a class 550 (/MP550) , built in 2013 for the isle man railway company for thunderbird, PWD & charter duties & costed £400,000.00 (£0.4m). She has worked the 2014 transport festival charter trains & a dinner special. She has had some heck ups because of being a brand new locomotive & is currently get repaired.

• 4 months later...

Morning all. The project above is & will be on a very long pause. (It's for my granny's furture model railway which hasn't been started, I'll post updates on that when there's an update to post). Anyways, not includeding my granny's OO gauge railway, I think I've given up on OO guage, so I'm starting a new project which is a wee but larger than OO & O. I'm going point out one thing first before I post ideas & furture photos, this is my railway & I'll do as what I like with it, not every thing has been correct places, for instance, if I build, say a G scale MKIV from a Playmobil carriage, I might have the doors centred as that's where they are on the Playmobil coach. This railway is for me & for my imagination to go 'wild'. I'll post updates when I have an update :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Nothing. Nothing has gone to plan!

Also no Garden layout.... too costly! :(

Sorry....

Attempt two! - He's at it again....

But, there WILL BE a Holyfast Depot & a River Nore station sometime in the future, just can't say when.... but it'll be on a different layout to this 'plan'.  

Anyways, heres the almost complete branch line station; "Somewhere" for this layout....IMG_20190103_173228.jpg.903aec25ed3672342795872f857bc02b.jpg

Station Name SignIMG_20190103_140103.jpg.f959d60ff3a4e27d3553ceff3f55ad16.jpg

Left Side Station (NIR) PostersIMG_20190103_140125.jpg.e74ac82434bb10031beb6bf60d6bcc43.jpg

Right Side Station (Enterprise) PostersIMG_20190103_173126.jpg.4fbbeb5aa3bcefad2320a1a58dd22997.jpg

Station RearIMG_20190103_173143.jpg.5443911a853c66995e2d6ff975c12063.jpg

Station PosterIMG_20190103_173215.jpg.49baa8be3b88a30eecb7a18c5f589275.jpgStation FrontIMG_20190103_173105.jpg.2424f9e11a422c5f97d3bd3eb8df670c.jpgPlatform EdgeIMG_20190103_182130.jpg.d4512763d1b574b90e0084d693d6de75.jpg8208IMG_20190103_182234.jpg.aab5349619a77ba7b70a693891786083.jpg4101 with 8208IMG_20190103_140216.jpg.18534553aade44ba83fe28e277294d48.jpgCoffee Shop Sign

IMG_20190103_140019.jpg

• Like 1