Finally..... with Colourpoint

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

Just to say that myself and Barry have finally got "Rails Through North Kerry" (Limerick - Tralee in colour) off to the publisher. Today's email confirms they're starting on it.

It'll be too late for the Christmas market, but soon, soon....

It's a lot later than we initially intended due to one thing and another....

Now to the next one.....

Many thanks, folks. I'll advise when Colourpoint are likely to be ready to go.

It covers 1955 to the present, in colour. Rarities include an extremely rare outing of a 121 on the line, a G on the Foynes passenger, brand new Castlemungret wagons in duck-egg blue, green A and C in Carey's Road yard, the direct curve, colour on the erstwhile Croom branch, Castleisland goods and Fenit, and the steam cranes on Fenit Pier in action. Many a goods and passenger special on Newcastle West and on the Barnagh bank, and a whole chapter on every post-closure weedspray, one of which our intrepid photographer travelled on. Locos in filthy silver, green, black, black'n'tan, "supertrain", IR and IE liveries. Green AEC on the passenger, and all manner of laminates, PRs, Bredins and Cravens - as well as one of Mayner's "hot water bottles" on passenger specials....

I'm afraid there's even a modern railcar at Tralee....

Sounds like a 'must have'! I'm looking forward to it anyway. It's funny, but despite the wealth of photographic material on the matter available online, there's still something special about having such wonderful shots in a book.... or am I just showing my age?

I think you mentioned before that the Waterford Mallow line was a possible candidate for a future book. Is this still the case?

It's one I'd like to do, aclass, but I doubt if I could get enough quality colour material for a full book. I've one or two other projects in exploration stage at the moment, but getting time is the thing.

I'd like to finish off one I started years and years ago, though - doing bits and pieces on it right now. I've a little research done for another future colour book though.

To give an idea of time, Barry and I had initially thought in terms of having the coming one ready for the market about two years ago!

Many thanks, folks. I'll advise when Colourpoint are likely to be ready to go.

It covers 1955 to the present, in colour. Rarities include an extremely rare outing of a 121 on the line, a G on the Foynes passenger, brand new Castlemungret wagons in duck-egg blue, green A and C in Carey's Road yard, the direct curve, colour on the erstwhile Croom branch, Castleisland goods and Fenit, and the steam cranes on Fenit Pier in action. Many a goods and passenger special on Newcastle West and on the Barnagh bank, and a whole chapter on every post-closure weedspray, one of which our intrepid photographer travelled on. Locos in filthy silver, green, black, black'n'tan, "supertrain", IR and IE liveries. Green AEC on the passenger, and all manner of laminates, PRs, Bredins and Cravens - as well as one of Mayner's "hot water bottles" on passenger specials....

I'm afraid there's even a modern railcar at Tralee....

I'm sold! Looking forward to it =D