Star Wars episode 7

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

anyone seen this yet? I have and it's absolutely awesome! Highly recommend it 10/10.

Nelson,

Of course I have! Elder son's 41st Birthday treat to the extended family - from 7 year old son Joshua (my Grandson, of course) upwards.

I took William to the original film aged THREE! He was bought dozens of figures and just about every vehicle going (including the original Imperial Shuttle - a seriously sexy piece of kit). We then went en famile to the succeeding episodes, until the vile computer graphics things.

Anyway, the film was great fun, it's still cowboys and indians in space, the Goodies Win (oops, have I given the plot away?)rather like the original film, but that's no bad thing as it was a breath of fresh air in the midst of many violent films showing life at its worst.

Needless to say, there's a new Millenium Falcon under the Tree for Joshua! He's been playing with his Dad's old characters for the last couple of years (they were stored under the Railway!), ever since I built him a space station for Christmas!

May the Force be with you. Live long and prosper.

Leslie

Saw this on t'internet earlier today, thought it was pretty amusing:

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoilers:

Supreme Leader Snooki kills Dumbledore

BB8 has an unrequited crush on R2-D2

Luke Skywalker marries Leia Organa

Kylo Ren is Jar Jar Binks under the mask

The First Order is actually good, and the Rebels are evil

Finn has a bizarre rap battle with Lando Calrissian, and loses

Coruscant is destroyed by a Death Star, but later restored by a Life Star

Chewbacca lost his voice and can only communicate through dance

Taxation of trade routes plays a major role in the film's secondary plotline

There's approximately two and a half truths in the list above, the rest is made up. Have fun!"

Edited due to a truckload of spoilers.

Kevin; seriously bad form giving away the film like that. I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I saw it!

Please can everyone not post a load of spoilers like that and ruin the film for others who have not seen it yet. It's unbelievably rude. Thank you.

Kevin; seriously bad form giving away the film like that. I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I saw it!

Please can everyone not post a load of spoilers like that and ruin the film for others who have not seen it yet. It's unbelievably rude. Thank you.

Hi Fran,

Sorry, I did not mean to ruin it for everyone. However, one presumes that the thread is for discussion of the film. The film has been released for 11 or 12 days now and has been all over the media so if one has not had the opportunity to see it by now, one presumes that a prudent individual would avoid these media including a thread entitled "Star Wars Episode 7". We are all passionate about these books and films but it is excessive especially for a Mod to accuse me of being rude on this thread and remove my comments on the film when no offense was intended nor directed at any individual.

Respectfully,

Hi Fran,

Sorry, I did not mean to ruin it for everyone. However, one presumes that the thread is for discussion of the film. The film has been released for 11 or 12 days now and has been all over the media so if one has not had the opportunity to see it by now, one presumes that a prudent individual would avoid these media including a thread entitled "Star Wars Episode 7". We are all passionate about these books and films but it is excessive especially for a Mod to accuse me of being rude on this thread and remove my comments on the film when no offense was intended nor directed at any individual.

Respectfully,

Sorry Kevin but you've spoiled it for some on here as can be seen from the subsequent comments. It's reasonable to assume that while the film is in the cinema that not everyone has seen it. Indeed I went to see it for a second time today with someone who hadn't seen it and the cinema was almost full. Previews of posts also appear on the bar on the right hand side of the home page so they could be seen unintentionally by the unaware. The thread was started a week ago with no other spoilers to date. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people not to throw out spoilers like that. It's a spoiler heavy film after all and with previous posts being of a joking nature could lull someone into a false sense of spoiler free security.

Thanks.

I am a huge fan of the saga and I brought my son today. I had stayed away from anything on the net so I wouldn't know any of the story line. Like Fran said there was also a big attendance at the showing I was at. Lot's of folk attending were seeing it for the first time also. A little bit of tact in future Dive might help.

Rich,

My favourite bit was when Scotty having time travelled back to the 20th century, picked up a PC mouse thinking it was a microfone and spoke into it "Computer?" - oh sorry wrong series, Trek instead of Wars! :)

But 'there be whales here' has to be the best all time line in hollywood sci-fi movie history.

Edited by Noel

We thought it was very good, but don't want to say too much, other than what I already said, refreshingly it returns to the original Lucas theme of good story telling rather than reliance on special effects and mere action. Have since re-watched the original three movies (episodes 4,5,6) from 70s/80s. Nostalgia - must be why I'm a fan of B&T 141s and loose coupled pick up goods traffic. :)

Don't want to post any 'spoilers' as it often takes weeks for folks to get to a new movie release!

Spoiler alert

We got to wait a whole year for the next one:

Rogue One. A Star Wars Story

Director: Gareth Edwards

Written by: Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz

Starring: Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk

Logline: Following the foundation of the Galactic Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor’s rule.

Release: Dec. 16, 2016

Spoiler alert

We got to wait a whole year for the next one:

Rogue One. A Star Wars Story

Director: Gareth Edwards

Written by: Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz

Starring: Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk

Logline: Following the foundation of the Galactic Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor’s rule.

Release: Dec. 16, 2016

That movie isn't actually part of this trilogy. It's a standalone movie set just before the events in A New Hope. :-bd

Edited by irishthump