OO works announce GNRI U Class

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Not really, as when they looked like that they would have been in the grey livery. In the green livery and black livery(which they were modelled in) they would have been "inchicorised" with new riveted smoke boxes and new smoke box doors, along with various other modifications.

Hopefully, then, OO Works will get their model spot on to acvhieve your accolade.

Agreed, but £350 sounds so much less than €500

I think that was a typo by Wrenneire. They're £255-265 which is about €350 plus P&P. Still expensive. That said, I would be interested in a U class but not necessarily a UG unless it was liveried in GNR blue & scarlet. The group purchase sounds like a great idea.

You ok with the punctuation there JB? :)

Let's get back to discussing the G'n'R U'n'UG classes;)

Some lovely shots there, Glenderg! Really sparked some interest with those

Edited by DiveController

As long as the apostrophes are the right shade of black, I'm happy.

I didn't think they were black at all, except one lined in red, the rest unlined grey, chassis the same color;)

Aye, ye might get caught out with that. I remember, I needed some black apostrophes but when I got them they were actually a very very very very dark blue:p..

That's a much lighter shade than the priestly very very very very very very very very very very dark blue:p

I thought the priestly ones were very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY dark blue? Jasus I'm out of steam( pun intended ) after all of the very's, I'm going to have a cup of Tea

Right ye asked for it! The U class:

Built by Beyer peacock in 1915'

No.196-200'

Second batch

Built by Beyer peacock in 1947'

No.201-205

The original U's were going to be painted in lined green, but this never happened due to Glovers "don't decorate ANYTHING" era

This is a great development, and although pricy, is one I look forward to supporting.....

A u/ug cuts down on development time and therefore cost as the tender, cab, boiler and smoke box are the same... So you get two for most of the development costs of one....

Richard

Edited by Richard EH

I thought the priestly ones were very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY dark blue? Jasus I'm out of steam( pun intended ) after all of the very's, I'm going to have a cup of Tea

I'm sorry, Harry! The color of priests' socks is a very serious (maybe even Ecumenical) matter. There are only 10 VERYs to be prototypical!

Wonder why they chose the U class? The S class is arguably the more popular locomotive.

The GNR (I) has a large following the U & UG were relatively modern go-anywhere locos

Worsley Works produce etched parts for both the GNR (I) U & UG.

OO Works seems to be a one or two person business, its possible the U may be based on Worsley Works parts rather than developed from scratch

Breaking news, Ireland's largest steam locomotive, CIE class B1a no.800 Meadbh has been stolen from the museum in Cultra, the locomotive is now on the Dublin Belfast line, at high speeds. We join Aengus mc Grainne in the newsroom. "Coughs" "fixes tie and suit" "mumbles"......WHAT?

The men on board the locomotive were heard saying "bejasus there goes the Boyne viaduct" and "Do any of yez know where the IRRS is?

Hi and welcome back to Genuinly Miriam, now I'm sure we've all heard about the big train on the Belfast line,

Luckily my house isn't near there..GENUINLY!