Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

At last I've started to finish off the layout starting with weathering the track. My two bottles of sleeper grime ran out very quickly with still lots to do so that ended the spraying until more supplies arrive. The previous pictures shows some parts of the track that has been sprayed.

More trees for Kirley Junction.

IMG_4138.JPG

All from a box of Seafoam.

IMG_4139.JPG

Still to have the foliage added.

Telegraph Poles are also required, using Ratio & Dapol kits.

IMG_4121.JPG

Painting the insulator pots required magnifiers and a lot of patience.

IMG_4123.JPG

The Freight Yard has always been full of Containers and Wagons.

IMG_0375.jpg[/url][/img]

I cleared it in preparation for spraying the track and found the empty space reminded me of what has happening to Freight Yards over the Country, see what you think.

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4137.JPG

Perhaps less is more?

WOW!!

Clonmel is looking absolutely stunning - and that yard - empty!!!! It really goes to show that we shouldn't use our layouts as fiddle yards :) Storing 'off scene' and allowing for that gleaming lines, damp day emptiness, is probably more what irish railways are about :) Inspirational work Kirley!

Do you plan to add foliage to the seafoam? I've a box I keep meaning to get started on, it's great looking stuff!

The trees look good as they are.

Where do you get them?

Telegraph poles look great but get in your way when trying to do anything near the track.

I got that box from International Models but they seem to have disappeared from the Web which is a pity as they did great backdrops. If you Google Seafoam you will get plenty of options and I came across this video which may be of use.

I'm aware of the danger of the poles and accept I will 'loose' some of them as I have done with trees in the past.

Do you plan to add foliage to the seafoam? I've a box I keep meaning to get started on, it's great looking stuff!

Yes Stephen, adding foliage is next on the list. I've posted a link on an easy way to do it in the post above, It's a few hours work that will make a fantastic to any layout.

Kirley Junction layout refurbishment continues. This phase includes ground coverage, adding/replacing bushes and trees.If you had seen my previous posts would would have seen the number of new trees I made but they all disappeared, I would have needed 3 times as many to complete all the areas I wanted.

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4222.JPG

Only noticing the guttering on the front of the Station has come loose, yet another job to be added to the list.

[note to Glenderg -use stronger glue please]