Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

Wonderful rolling stock on a fabulous layout. I love your goods train formations. The bullied heating van looks great, spotted the nice detail inside the corridor connectors. :) The 141 weathering is my cup of tea. What chasss is the lovely green A class running on?

Edited by Noel

I love that goods shed Kirley; looks very MGWR?

I seem to remember a photo showing a signal attached to a goods shed, possibly on the Sligo line; Longford perhaps?

The Goods Shed is based on the one at Clonmel with a few adaptions to suit my layout.

IMG_2605 GS cropped.jpg

Well done Kieran. I love the automatic uncoupler at 14 seconds in, and especially the invisible 'tractor beam' that pulls the coaches back to the mother ship railcar. :) Impressed with all the native NI stock you build for yourself. Looks really well.

This must rate as some of the best ever modelling seen on this site, especially when you bear in mind that the starting point is a set of basic brass etches.

Having built (just) two coaches from Worsley Works etches, I can begin to appreciate just how much hard work was involved here. The finish is superb.

And to think all of this was achieved in less than two months; amazing!

Glover

Ps: thanks for the response re the goods shed and the signal attached to it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's 1959 and CIE are still struggling to re livery the Rolling Stock they received after the split up of the GNR. At this time it was not unusual to see mixed livery trains such as this BUT 700 Series Railcar set.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...