Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

Progress continues around Kirley Junction Station area doing the scenics but it is slow work.

As a diversion new Shale Wagons arrived at the weekend from Hidden Agenda and I had to show them off.

The wagons are very well constructed and smooth runners.

Here is a short video showing them and the area found Kirley Junction Station.

YouTube now gives you an option to 'eliminate shaking' from your video and this is the result, ends up making you feel seasick. It can be turned off by the uploader too. I'd defo take the shaky camera over it!

Goes to show there's no substitute for a decent tripod or shoulder mount when filming. For anyone using a smartphone, a mini tripod can be picked up on eBay for less than €7: http://is.gd/cYDPtZ

And for anyone using an iPhone, I can't recommend the Filmic Pro app enough... a seriously powerful bit of kit that's well worth the (modest) price. I know of guys who've used it to record pieces for TV.

Edited by Garfield

YouTube now gives you an option to 'eliminate shaking' from your video and this is the result, ends up making you feel seasick. It can be turned off by the uploader too. I'd defo take the shaky camera over it!

Thanks Warbonnet for the information, YouTube recommended I take the option to eliminate shaking which I did -Never again. As they say in this part of the world, "It was alright when it left here" (a Titanic quote).

Can I take it down and reload it – my knowledge of the workings of YouTube is zero?

Thanks Warbonnet for the information, YouTube recommended I take the option to eliminate shaking which I did -Never again. As they say in this part of the world, "It was alright when it left here" (a Titanic quote).

Can I take it down and reload it – my knowledge of the workings of YouTube is zero?

No problem, it offered it on my last video upload and I selected it, felt dreadful after watching it!

You might be able to fix it if you go to the following;

Go to 'video manager'

find the video you want to fix and click on 'edit'

Click on 'Enhancements' in the dark grey toobalr

a 'stabilise' button should be on the right hand side of the page, you may be able to switch it off here.

Hope that is of help!

I tried the “revert to the original” button and have to wait to see if it restores the video to its original condition.

thanks for the information.

If you go to the video editor and click the restore to original it will get rid of the anti shake. I used the anti shake on one of my 071 videos and didn't like it so I just restored it to original condition and it worked