New Murphy Models 201 Class

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I'd be well chuffed with that too kid :-bd, it also seems to be a good color match with the Lima Galway coaches. Best feeling in the world watching the stock busy at work. My own 220 has now become the pride of my 201 fleet. Color wise it just looks spot on and just as I remember them after a few years in service.

Rich,

I'd be well chuffed with that too kid :-bd, it also seems to be a good color match with the Lima Galway coaches. Best feeling in the world watching the stock busy at work. My own 220 has now become the pride of my 201 fleet. Color wise it just looks spot on and just as I remember them after a few years in service.

Rich,

Have you carried out any extra detailing on yours yet Rich? Would be interested to see what you did and parts you used to see what I can do to my ones.

Fran I'll post some pics of the Details West, Graham White (salem) air filters as I have a bit of spare time tomorrow. I am waiting on some telescopic brass tube and wire for the pipe runs and I also need to get some close up shots of the side of a 201 that has the larger of the air filters. All of the pipes run from the compressors inside the loco, through the filters and into the air reservoir tanks and I want to get it just right. I am hoping to have some etches in the next six or seven weeks for this as it is underscale on the model. This pic was sent to me by Csalem as well as some others which have proved to be an invaluable resource.

Rich,

201 details.jpg

201 details.jpg

What size and format were the images? I can try much about and allow larger ones

2592 x 1936 I think?

Rich,

It's the pride of my fleet too although it only has 3 locos! I have to say weathering takes modelling to a whole new level and takes away that plasticy brand-new look. I was just astonished how good it looked beside them and just seemed to make the layout seem so realistic... I'm really proud of my Galways :) now for the mk3s!