Back to the '70s and '80s

Rate this topic

I'm not sure what the name is, Divecontroller, but what's on that van above looks perfect.

Since the originals were stencilled, on a scale as small as 4mm to a foot it's probably not feasible to actually stencil them, and a scaled down transfer of a stencilled number is probably so small that you'd need a microscope to see it.

Perhaps flangelubricator might advise us what transfers he used?

I simply used spare numbers from a 30T van from SSM I would be delighted if someone did a sheet of these numbers 1-10 for these vans and other CIE stock and with the arrival of Leslie's H vans at some point people's can renumber them also the new ballast wagons . I also did a Ex GNR(I)covered van I am just missing me letter N as JHB mentioned in a previous post ya must never forget the N ! image.jpg

Lovely photos and all the right way up, fair play to you for sticking with it. These threads are very important as are the photos, and fully appreciated. I've always said that we must photograph the contemporary scene as it will be history sooner than we think. The cement bubble is clean enough to see the seams in the panels. I had forgotten that the ladders were also orange.

Rich,