BosKonay

eBay Watch

The three pack of ballast wagons went for £89, approx €101. Quite how he can afford to sell at such a discount.

Stephen

The three pack of ballast wagons went for £89, approx €101. Quite how he can afford to sell at such a discount.

Stephen

Its the risk you take with ebay. For every person who got a bargain there is someone who recorded a loss. Same way there are always people who match 99p opening bids and dont bid any more even if the item sells for £50 or more. Ebay wont give the value of an item, only what someone is willing to pay, whether its a high or low price

Admittedly the Lima models are not up to the standard of the later ones produced under the Murphy Models banner, they are, nonetheless, good models. Lima were always known for the coarseness of their wheels but my two examples run through Peco code 75 pointwork no trouble at all. And let’s not forget that they were the first true Irish RTR model.

Stephen

Not that I am interest (to modern for me) but what is a good price for them? or more to the point what will you guys pay for them just in case I see any at the up coming shows over the next few months.

Colin

Edited by Colin R

Ah, Dave, you're right as usual. What we Northerners call a "Chancer"!

Note he has a score of FOURTEEN - so he hasn't got a clue what he's up to.

Lima loco - makes a nice railway themed paper weight ^_^

2 hours ago, Colin R said:

Not that I am interest (to modern for me) but what is a good price for them? or more to the point what will you guys pay for them just in case I see any at the up coming shows over the next few months.

Colin

Colin

Because of the new MM 201's these Lima ones are not as popular as once they were

I really try and avoid them and usually offer somewhere in the region of €30 - €40 for them as a trade in

Would then try to get €50 or so for them after a full service

• Like 1

Thank Wrenneire, that's about £35.00 over here, so that would be kiddies intro first train set price. time to avoid them like the Plague.