BosKonay

eBay Watch

4 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

I have a DCC lord Nelson Split chassis, Works like a dream. No issue with them. Easy enough to DCC to.

Must be me! I also DCC'd a pair of split chassis Bachmann's and it was a challenge not to mention nigh impossible to get them to run as free as they did before I spilt and put the chassis sides back together again sandwiching the motor. Essential to isolate the motor from both sides of the chassis. I was ultra careful with the realignment and all the plastic bushes but no matter what I did even after re-running them in again they were not satisfactory. I then did a lot of reading up on it over on rmweb from folks with a lot of split chassis conversion experience and the consensus was they were not worth the effort. A few models have the motor exposed and therefore can be easily converted with splitting the chassis. 

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

Edited by Noel

Jesus that's rough Noel

Square front looks well off among other things

However it might suit someone who is willing to accept it

On an Athern chassis so I reckon it will be a good runner.

32 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

that's rough Noel

Square front looks well off among other things

However it might suit someone who is willing to accept it

On an Athern chassis so I reckon it will be a good runner.

Sure is. I nearly fell of my seat laughing when I saw it. It's an SW1500 switcher that got bashed with an ugly stick. It's an old early generation Athern so not even worth chassis donor value. No where near as good a runner as later generation Atheran SW1500s.

59 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

€62.50+ €14.50 p&p  = €77

Hi Dave.  Most folks use AddressPal or ParcelMotel from UK rather than eBay'ers ripoff postage to Ireland.

€62.50+ €8.20 p&p  = €70.70 (via AddressPal)

Expensive but well less than the insane prices some EGVs have achieved on eBay over the past few years.  Rare as hens teeth.

Noel

I did mention it too them but seems they had their price , but have had MM mk2s at bargain prices before now and they offer MM201s at a fraction of the lima price - ho hum !

Robert 

Edited by Robert Shrives
rushing to type ! missed a word