BosKonay

eBay Watch

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Sails said:

Talking of large locos, have you had a chance to hold (in its box anyway) the class 70? Now that's a beast of a model,

Class 70 looks like it was made by the Thunderbirds out of Duplo :) 

Edited by Noel
iPad iOS 11 keyboard.

10 hours ago, Noel said:

The 201 as a prototype never seemed to be quite as 'nostalgia' popular with the hobby's age demographics.  Often wondered if the longer length of 201 model locos was a visual issue on typical layout curves, or was it just that the very distinctive shape of the other GMs had greater appeal?

Okay so the length of the model is a contributory factor thus affecting modelers with certain radius layout curves. I'm sure that must have really worried Hornby and Bachmann with their class 60 and 66 models. Hattons will be bricking it if they read that quote, now that they are producing a 66.

Rich,

Jesus man, will you ever relax about colours and logos!

Its a Jouef model and it should be a plain black body

Its not prototypical Its a continental loco painted to look Irish, like all the Jouef HDI models

And the Irish Jouef one should not have a stripe on the side

One for the collector, not the rivet counter

Modified Dutch Vans with the Mk3 gangways not the standard Dutch Vans.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Railer said:

Modified Dutch Vans with the Mk3 gangways not the standard Dutch Vans.

DCkits seem to have a basic kit. Not sure if it comes with bogies and/or wheels, etc, or is just the basic body shell. The bogies on the dutch GSVs were quite distinctive.

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=975&search=dutch

Yes, I had a built one; I think from Charlie a few years ago but in the grand scheme of things it moved on . I have ordered the kit from him just now basically one step forward and 2 steps back!

Ernie

Its all go!  THe EGV has been sold; meanwhile Tommy Brady advises that he is doing a refitted Dutch Van soon in kit and RTR so Charlie has kindly cancelled my order for his Body Kit.

Ernie