kingsbridge

Rate this topic

A4mallard

Thanks for the comments, I'll leave it a couple a weeks before the next few photos,just looking back i dont't feel like enough has changed between the photos. I need to figure out how to do the balustrades, I was thinking of using beads or maybe small screws glued end to end. I don't want to get in to moulding them......any ideas lads?

As always your comments are very much appreciated

bren

• 1 month later...

Amazing Bren. I can imagine the nights of sore eyes, tiredness, to get to this level. Model buildings and structures to that level are one of the most trying aspects of the hobby to get right and takes ages of trial and error. You are at the top level Sir.

Rich,

Well, Bren, it's a pity you're not going to model the rest of the station, as your work is absolutely terrific.

Not many people attempt a major station front like this and you've done a terrific job. There are few comparative models around, but one I know is of the Anhalter station in Berlin, which is part of a model in the Technical Museum in that city. Your work is every bit as good.

Don't forget to model Wayne Sleep climbing the front, as per his role in The First Great Train Robbery!

Are you going to attempt the train shed?

Congratulations

Leslie

In the Film, The First Great Train, there is a wee bit of film trickery. Some of the filming was at Kingsbridge Station and it is there that Wayne sleep is seen to be entering the Station from the roof. It is my understanding that the roof shots of Sleep were taken at The Broadstone Stations and not Kingsbridge.

The Board of CIE should purchase this beautiful Model of Kingsbridge Station and then have it on displayed at Heuston Station. By doing so it may encourage the travelling public to go the outside the station and take a good look at its Architecture.

Thanks for your really really lovely comments.

Leslie10646 I am going to finish it including the train shed and the buildings on the platform 1 side.

It's going to take a bit of time, I plan to finish the main station building for the moment and I have a large scale Millennium Falcon I'm in the drawing up stages at the moment. I need to step back from it for a bit, I'm nearly sure i'm at it since April, I've taken the front off already and replaced it, the paint i used bubbled the cardboard, after a week of trying to sort it out i decided to take the front off and redo it. I would love to build it as a layout but i haven't got the room plus i already have a large layout.

Check this guy out for a proper masterpiece http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28293-manchester-central-clc-gn-warehouses-castlefield-viaducts/

Thank you

Bren

A truely superb piece of model architecture.

Says it all. Superbly rendered. I remember looking at modelling "how to do it" books for houses back in the 80's and they talked of building up the layers and getting all the detail right and it seemed so complicated for even the simplest structure.

And then I see this representation of a highly complex structure which just blows all that out of the water and the cherry on the cake is that it's done in such a short time (respectively that is).

• 2 weeks later...