Shipping containers.

Rate this question

joe123

Question

14 answers to this question

C-Rail is a member of this Forum. Search for - C-Rail - in this forum's search field. This will reveal a significant number of postings on a variety of subjects, Bell, Etc. Knowing the man, it is possible he will manufacture a special run provided the number of containers ordered make it worth his while to do so.

Old Blarney.

Are there any suppliers of decent RTR flats suitable to put these 20ft and 40ft containers on' date=' especially 20ft container flats. Haven't the time nor inclination to build brass kits.[/quote']

The only option is kits Noel. There are those who will build them for you though :)

The only option is kits Noel. There are those who will build them for you though :)

Thanks Fran. Ah it was just an idea, thought a few 20ft Bell containers on a mixed goods traffic formation with open wagons, vans and a break van might look well behind a B&T 141 (i.e. circa 1970). I don't do brass, only plastic kits, which doesn't seem to suit container flats.

I just hope IRM get around to doing some bogie flats sooner rather than later. Can't see that happening though with the options open of the current chassie base they are working off.

Never say never Railer. We won't just stick to one chassis and all its incarnations. Our ambitions will be broader than that in the future. :)

I just hope IRM get around to doing some bogie flats sooner rather than later. Can't see that happening though with the options open of the current chassie base they are working off.

The chassis is very versatile but the moulds are not going to degrade. It would seem sensible to diversify earlier to at least one other chassis with more than one option that could go on top in order to maintain interest and momentum. The previous moulds could then be used again later to mix it up bit.

Personally I'm waiting for MkIII rake in super train livery :rolleyes: but some rtf flat would save an awful lot of work and time (there's that work again)

The chassis is very versatile but the moulds are not going to degrade. It would seem sensible to diversify earlier to at least one other chassis with more than one option that could go on top in order to maintain interest and momentum. The previous moulds could then be used again later to mix it up bit.

Personally I'm waiting for MkIII rake in super train livery :rolleyes: but some rtf flat would save an awful lot of work and time (there's that work again)

Oh how we children out on the sidings dream of the tooth fairy leaving class'ay treats under our pillows as we sleep.

4867380_orig.png