Emerald Isle Express.

Rate this topic

Broithe

For that kind of price one might expect more 'Pullman' style coach interior comfort instead of modest refurbished craven interiors. (i.e. €10k for a couple on an 8 day break = €1250 per day). It costs less to stay full board in top 5 star hotel for over a month.

Belmond Grand Hibernian is nearly twice the price but seems in a different league for a 'first class' service.

The big difference is that the EIE lot are put up in 5 star luxury hotels and castles, and have more varied tours, rather than sleeping in a siding! ;-)

Sure, different product alright. The GH is more like the cruise ship travel experience - unpack once but visit many different places. For €10k though couples may expect a 5-star coach experience more like the GH specs.

I think there's some confusion going on here. The Steam Dreams operation, the "Emerald Isle Explorer" is indeed kettle haulage, but the rail tours Ireland "Emerald Isle Express" is 071 hauled. Both have cravens stock.

At least that's my understanding of the matter!

I think there's some confusion going on here. The Steam Dreams operation' date=' the "Emerald Isle Explorer" is indeed kettle haulage, but the rail tours Ireland "Emerald Isle Express" is 071 hauled. Both have cravens stock. At least that's my understanding of the matter![/quote']

I think you're right. My head hurts...