NIR class 70 3 car unit

Rate this topic

Morning all.

I have 2 of these 3 car units to build and I'm looking for information regarding the coaches.

I have the Worseley Works brass sides and ends, and was looking at using a Bachmann 2H as the motor unit.

The trailing coaches seem shorter, any information regarding these will be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Bob

Morning all.

I have 2 of these 3 car units to build and I'm looking for information regarding the coaches.

I have the Worseley Works brass sides and ends, and was looking at using a Bachmann 2H as the motor unit.

The trailing coaches seem shorter, any information regarding these will be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Bob

It may be worth your while contacting one of this Forums Members, TDR, The Derry Road. Send him a private message. He has painted and built a number of NIR items for me; coaches, driving trailers, dining cars and locomotives.

In latter days, the centre cars and driving trailers were of a number of different types. Probably no bad thing, depending on the degree of accuracy you want, to research via photos an actual make-up of an actual set.

They were much more comfortable to travel in than most modern railcars.

I take it you are building the 3 car set with the Power Trailer 64 feet, with the Intermediate and Driving Trailer at 57 feet long. You will need donor coaches and the LMS range would be the ones to go for. I’ll PM you with some more details.