Weedspray on the Cobh line now

Rate this topic

Just passed the office window, 229 light engine and 074 with the weedspray heading to Cobh. Great to hear the 071 horn today!!

Should be on the way back to Cork I imagine in 20mins or so.

Fab day for piccies too but no camera with me today.:((

Edited by Georgeconna

Had a wee search on the internet with regard to Railway Weed Control and found this.

- JSD is an industrial contracting company dedicated to providing quality weed control and engineering solutions to the railway industry.

Our innovative approach has seen us working closely with clients such as Network Rail, Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Rail), Docklands Light Railways and London Underground to develop, manage and deliver all types of weed control programmes, engineering solutions and maintenance staff.

I note the reference to Iarnrod Eireann. Is it the case that Weed Control is contracted to JDS ?

Funnily enough, I worked for Chipman many years ago when they had their own Weed Control Trains as did Fisons. These two companies used to vie with one and other for the BR Weed Control contracts.