New C Rail containers

Rate this topic

Arran

HI All

C Rail has new containers in stock

Maersk Sealand 40ft hc Reefer

Cronos 40ft Drybox

Old style 40ft containers from the new tooling

Freightliner Red and white and dates from 1979 onward and Genstar from the mid 80s.

Regards Arran

msl40ftr d.jpg

cro bb.jpg

gen bb.jpg

freight aa.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The Freightliners were in use during the 80s and very early 90s. Those Transamerican spiders I have never seen on any Irish train ever. Some BLS and Bruhn spiders would nice for modern IWT liners.

Even the former Asahi 20' tanks would be a nice addition too.

Freightliners were especially prevalent on liners between Dublin and Belfast for a period, due to a dispute of some sort. It's mentioned here on the site somewhere. (Freightliner falling out with Sealink, or Sealink falling out with one of the ports maybe?)

Arran, are the Transamerican spiders 00 or ho scale?

I have to agree with Railer, I don't think the Transamerica spider tanks are that common in Ireland.. In fact the only spider tanks I can think of are the Agmark ones that you sometimes see in 1s and 2s on the IWT, Arran any chance of these?? Nice simple livery!

He does some nice GCA Tanktainers that are not listed on his site but feature on the rolling banner. I asked him about them about 2 months back and sold be the last 6 he had, they look well and are very regular on the IWT over the past 6 or so years.

Some Dana tanktainers would be good for modeling DFDS liners, always to be found lately in the pocket wagons.

HI All

I don't have any info on Dana tanks, and I mean good quality pics you can work from not just images of the web.

Also good pics of B+I 20ft containers to as they would go well with the bells and any RTR container chassis I am sure will follow from some?

Regards Arran

HI All

I don't have any info on Dana tanks, and I mean good quality pics you can work from not just images of the web.

Also good pics of B+I 20ft containers to as they would go well with the bells and any RTR container chassis I am sure will follow from some?

Regards Arran

I'd certainly agree about the B&I and would be interested if produced

• 2 months later...
I think what Arran is saying - Anyone with good, clear profile images of the Dana tanks (and one might assume the B&I_ get them over to him :)

Strangely enough, a week after I said I had never seen a Transamerica spider tank in Ireland, 6 of them arrived in Ballina on the IWT liner!

DANA tanks below, will try and source more but can't seem to PM these to Arran

fr_366 (1).jpg

fr_365.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/11/2016 at 7:05 PM, MOGUL said:

DANA tanks below, will try and source more but can't seem to PM these to Arran

fr_366 (1).jpg

fr_365.jpg

Any versions of these Dana Tanktainer types ever become available in OO Gauge?  I don't think @Arran produces them as part of his superb range? 

They seem to have been common around the country maybe 15 years ago but impossible to source?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Any versions of these Dana Tanktainer types ever become available in OO Gauge?  I don't think @Arran produces them as part of his superb range? 

They seem to have been common around the country maybe 15 years ago but impossible to source?

If Arran doesn't release them, Weshty has the transfers available from Studio Scale Models.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob said:

The DANA tanks were around in 2004 in North Wall too looking at @ Ernie's Railway Archive.

20201101_134515.jpg

The Dana tanks around since the early 2000s when Ballina Beverages opened.. The used to run Cork-North Wall, North Wall-Ballina before IE ended the unit load service.. The traffic then transferred to Norfolk line Waterford to Ballina and was on it till the end.. the Dana tanks also appear on IWT liners but from the Uk rather than Cork

• Like 1
  • Informative 3