Rate this topic

Lynbarn

Hi All

I have just joined the group so I thought that an intro might be in order.

My name is Colin Rainsbury and on various website I go by the name of Lynbarn this is because I support the rebuilding of the LYNton and BARNstaple Railway.

I live in North West Kent just outside of London which is OK but it is the wrong side of London if I want to go and visit a steam heritage railway as it adds at least an hour on the journey via the infamous M25.

I am not married and don't have any children that I can encourage to take up this hobby.

I have a passion if that is the right word of large narrow gauge locos so I am at home with both the Donegal and the Swilly Railways.

Up until now I have tried to be an 009 and 00n3 modeller, I am also thinking about trying out Irish 21mm gauge, however the eyes are not as good as they used to be, so I may have to consider going up a scale or two.

Like most modellers who are based in one Country, finding out all those local contacts and details about a locomotive or station building in another one can be time consuming.

Up until now it has not been possible for me to get to Ireland due to family issues, however I hope that is about to change.

I look forward to hearing from you all and to find out what you have been up to, I hope you don't mind the odd question which from your point of view might sound a bit dumb, but getting into the Irish Model Railway scene is something of a challenge to find out so much more about your Railways which from my point of via have a charm all of there own.

Regards

Colin Rainsbury