This weeks updates

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

206 must've failed on Friday morning or Thursday night as it was sitting at the end platform 1 with 230 with tail lights on in Connolly when I got off the first enterprise train. Which itself incidentally broke down, and we were all transferred to a CAF set instead at Central!

206 must've failed on Friday morning or Thursday night as it was sitting at the end platform 1 with 230 with tail lights on in Connolly when I got off the first enterprise train. Which itself incidentally broke down, and we were all transferred to a CAF set instead at Central!

206 was on the shed at connolly yesterday with 8208 and two 071s.

206 was on the shed at connolly yesterday with 8208 and two 071s.

I think it was 206 anyway! I was a bit bleary eyed at that time of the morning but I saw two locos, both in original enterprise livery with no full yellow ends or anything like that, sitting at the end of platform 1. I definitely remember 230 being there, but I thought it was the other one that had failed as it had the tail lights on at the back.

• 3 weeks later...
Aye... it meant I had the honour of travelling via Newcomen Junction when I got the train up from Longford for the exhibition :)

Went up that way a few weeks ago also, for the first time since the GM's left passenger duties on the Maynooth/Longford/Sligo line.

I have never seen a railcar struggle that much to get up a gradient. I mean, its hardly the steepest but clearly wasn't built for railcars!

Went up that way a few weeks ago also, for the first time since the GM's left passenger duties on the Maynooth/Longford/Sligo line.

I have never seen a railcar struggle that much to get up a gradient. I mean, its hardly the steepest but clearly wasn't built for railcars!

I'd say that was down to adhesion rather than the power of the railcar itself... the extra weight of a loco would mean it could handle it better. :)

• 3 weeks later...
112 (I think) just went past my house hauling failed 208.

Yes you would have seen 112 haul 8208 , it followed the 08:57 ex Bangor to Portadown service from Belfast Central today 112 hauled 8208 to Dublin for repairs .

Pics of 112 & 8208 will be on mysite soon

Edited by Gordon71

With a view like that Vincent don't move out.

Rich,

I'm not moving out any time soon Rich! I think it's what got me into trains in the first place! 201s and IE mk2s, 111s and NIR mk2s, 201s and DDs, 071s, 141s, 121s and 201s pulling all sorts of freight, cement bubbles, fertiliser, timber, Guinness liner and the class 80 and 450! What a variety we had then!

I'm not moving out any time soon Rich! I think it's what got me into trains in the first place! 201s and IE mk2s, 111s and NIR mk2s, 201s and DDs, 071s, 141s, 121s and 201s pulling all sorts of freight, cement bubbles, fertiliser, timber, Guinness liner and the class 80 and 450! What a variety we had then!

Very true Vincent. Look at the view from my inlaws garden in my avatar of the Barrow Bridge. I used to love the Beet traffic and the Boat Train, when it was Park Royals, Cravens, BR GSV'S, Dutch Vans.

Rich,

• 1 month later...
I do have a camera, unfortunately I was half asleep at the time and so didn't get it on! It said it was delayed due to a signalling problem though, so it probably had to reverse into GVS at Westlink junction.

It was 209 that was at the Dublin end it worked the 08:00 ex Belfast & the 11:00 ex Dublin after a signal failure at Central Junction this morning ,the set got turned after arrival in Belfast on the 11:00 ex Dublin

• 1 month later...

Trains were delayed by up to +140 minutes due to the failure of signalling equipment.

The 09.00, 10.00, 11.00 Heuston - Cork's all terminated at Mallow to form their scheduled return service. These were delayed between +60 & +120 minutes.

Up road the first train to be affected was the 07.00 Tralee - Heuston which was noted passing Laois Depot just under +120 minutes late. Other Cork services delayed were the 09.20, 10.20, 11.20 ,12.20 & 13.20 ex Cork and these were delayed between +140 & +15 minutes. The 12.20, 13.20 & 14.20 started ex Mallow.

A day of fun and games.

Trains were delayed by up to +140 minutes due to the failure of signalling equipment.

The 09.00, 10.00, 11.00 Heuston - Cork's all terminated at Mallow to form their scheduled return service. These were delayed between +60 & +120 minutes.

Up road the first train to be affected was the 07.00 Tralee - Heuston which was noted passing Laois Depot just under +120 minutes late. Other Cork services delayed were the 09.20, 10.20, 11.20 ,12.20 & 13.20 ex Cork and these were delayed between +140 & +15 minutes. The 12.20, 13.20 & 14.20 started ex Mallow.

A day of fun and games.

A fountain of knowledge Wanderer. I'm sure the guys and gals of IE are working hard to get things back to normal.

Any ideas when the grey 071s are escaping Inchicore?

Everything is back to normal for the evening peak. Some trains are ICR instead of MKIV and vice versa as a result of set switches at Heuston, but the main thing is they are on time.

As for the 071's. I haven't heard

anything at all. As the saying goes they be ready when they are ready.

Sounds like another busy day

Update: 14.05hrs

DART services are currently only operating between Malahide/Howth Jct & Dun Laoghaire only, due to flooding at various locations along the track.

Delays up to 15 mins to some services can be expected.

This website will be updated as further information is made available.

I saw a video of 234 pulling the DFDS liner past Cloneygowan , Co. Offaly earlier and there is a report on boards.ie saying "083 on a empty timber from Waterford at Kildare.

073 on Ballina-Waterford DFDS at Kildare.

Both are running behind schedule as they all should of departed earlier.

Two further 071's operating to Heuston, looks like one failed didn't see the numbers."

Does anyone know what has happened to the DFDS liner?