21mm gauge point plans

Rate this question

David Holman

Question

My new Clogher Valley project is to be 7mm scale, so I want to build 21mm track. I have enough code 82 flat bottom rail and am ordering 5mm copperclad strip for the sleepers. So can anyone suggest a source for 21mm gauge point plans. Around three foot radius, am thinking maybe P4 might work, though, in 7mm scale 'EM' flangeways of around 1mm seem appropriate for the wheels I am using. Fingers firmly crossed!

3 answers to this question

My new Clogher Valley project is to be 7mm scale, so I want to build 21mm track. I have enough code 82 flat bottom rail and am ordering 5mm copperclad strip for the sleepers. So can anyone suggest a source for 21mm gauge point plans. Around three foot radius, am thinking maybe P4 might work, though, in 7mm scale 'EM' flangeways of around 1mm seem appropriate for the wheels I am using. Fingers firmly crossed!

Problem solved - now have Templot. Will use Irish EM (20.2mm) expanded to 21mm on the copier so I can have 1mm flangeways.

Certainly is Eoin and what is more, it is free. I just googled points plans and found the link very quickly.

A full on drawing programming that will do entire layouts if you have the time to master it.

I printed a left and right hand point and then copied at 105%. That was because I used Irish EM plans, which give a gauge of 20.2mm and a flangeway of 1mm instead of 0.67 for P4 standards.

Opportunity there for any 4mm scale modeller who wants something better than 16.5 but not the extra work needed for P4. Drop in axles for Murphy's diesels could make modern image very achievable methinks.