BCDR Class 1 Locomotive

Rate this topic

Kirley

Kieran,

Lovely job! I may well follow your example there in due course. Did you use the Oxford one or Hornby? There might be a few cheaper ones about of the oxford one now.....

I was looking at it for a GNRi T2, but you'd need to chop the front bogie back a little...

Cheers for now.

Richard.

Kieran,

Did you use the Oxford one or Hornby? There might be a few cheaper ones about of the oxford one now.....

Richard, I picked up a Oxford one at the right price but they have a dicast chassis in case you were wanting to shorten the body. BYW did you get my email I sent last month re your JT Loco?

My pal Michael at Smallbrook does a LSWR "road van" which I understand is the spitting image of a BCDR brake van.

Leslie

Someone sent me a picture of a BCDR Brake Van this evening, it is like nothing like the GNR or NCC ones.

BCDR%20%20Goods%20Brake%20No.9.jpg

I'll email you tomorrow re the LSWR one.

Edited by Kirley

The BCDR and the SLNCR had many varieties of brake van. In fact barely two on the SLNCR were the same, thus neither line can be taken to have had a standard!

For anyone interested in BCDR wagons, there's an old body in store at the DCDR, which will show the lettering style and shade of grey.

Chassis and drawgear - same grey. I am unsure of roof shade. It was probably the same but possibly weathered darker due to loco smoke.

Their website is gradually under revision, Kirley. Their marketing person has recently left due to a career change and I suppose it's the old story of volunteers - who has the time!

The rolling stock section badly needed to be updated anyway - it was out of date including one or two items long gone, but no details of some of the newer stock. All in due course, no doubt. If I was computer literate I might volunteer to assist, but I'm not, as my numerous upside-down photo posts here will attest....,!!

• 3 weeks later...

My pal Michael at Smallbrook does a LSWR "road van" which I understand is the spitting image of a BCDR brake van.

Leslie

I did get in touch with Michael and he was extremely helpful in providing parts of the Kit plus a RTR 21'chassis. The body length of the BCDR Brake Van is 20' 6" so the chassis had to be shortened and the body lengthened.

IMG_4054.JPG

Then add some brass W Irons and running boards.

IMG_4058.JPG

First coat of primer and ready to fix the roof.

IMG_4064.JPG

This is what it should look like.

Brake%20Van%20Side%20elevation%20crop.jpg

IMG_4061.JPG

Thanks Leslie for the tip.