071 sounds program

Rate this topic

richrua

That's interesting. Often wondered about a layout background train sound app for a phone or tablet that could continuously, or randomly, or on command play various background sounds on a layout (e.g. passing trains, slow, fast, distant GM rumble, distant horn (doppler effect), station sounds, announcements, etc).

This is a somewhat interesting idea by Broadway limited, but wouldn't think it is for me. I wonder how successful it has been.

Thats looks very interesting. Not sure how it might sound when the train is at a distant part of the layout, but the woofer is located near the cab operator.

I remember many years ago Noel Edmunds produced a railway background sounds audio cassette for Hornby. I used to play it on a continuous loop in the background when operating the layout many years ago when the children were young. Had lots of interesting background noises from steam trains shunting, passing with doppler effect, whistles, announcements, station platform noises, coach doors shutting, approaching steam trains with heavy chuff, flange squeal, guards whistles, clackety clack rail sounds, etc. Rather soothing to have at low volume in the background and added a certain atmosphere.

Thats looks very interesting. Not sure how it might sound when the train is at a distant part of the layout, but the woofer is located near the cab operator.

I remember many years ago Noel Edmunds produced a railway background sounds audio cassette for Hornby. I used to play it on a continuous loop in the background when operating the layout many years ago when the children were young. Had lots of interesting background noises from steam trains shunting, passing with doppler effect, whistles, announcements, station platform noises, coach doors shutting, approaching steam trains with heavy chuff, flange squeal, guards whistles, clackety clack rail sounds, etc. Rather soothing to have at low volume in the background and added a certain atmosphere.

I believe there is a doppler effect and you can place multiple speakers across the layout to make the sound travel.

better review of it here