Oxford Rail MK111 Coaches

Rate this topic

RedRich

What about us all begging Oxford to include the Irish options in the body moulds so that we could have great Mark 3's, with great cravens, with great ballast wagons, with great cement bubbles, with great 071's,201's,141's,181's,121's hopefully soon and what ever other IRM projects are announced soon!!

What about us all begging Oxford to include the Irish options in the body moulds so that we could have great Mark 3's, with great cravens, with great ballast wagons, with great cement bubbles, with great 071's,201's,141's,181's,121's hopefully soon and what ever other IRM projects are announced soon!!

trains@oxforddiecast.co.uk :)

Have to say they do look quiet enticing, but the rubber gaskets on the windows are far too big and look identical to the lima's. You'd think after all these years they'd get the flush glazing and such right. The Witness marks on the buffers is annoying me, as is the tumblehome curve (looks too shallow) but I'll be defo buying a rake for conversion. The bogies look delicious, hope they make them available as extras/spares.

R.

Clucking bell, but that is some glorious amount of detailing on the bogies and at the corridor ends. Love all the little brass rails as well.

The bar just keeps getting raised.

TIL: Witness mark. A punch mark used to position or locate some part in its proper spot.

Getting d'oul moulding terminology down pat Richie. No dilletante you eh? :)

Edit: Expected RRP is £34.95 each (€43). They may have interior lighting as standard.

Edited by Weshty

Jayz I'd take them raw.

Nice detailing. Not really my era, but could be tempted to get a few an paint them in IE intercity green/grey livery for pulling behind a green/grey 201. Love the bogie and end details. Tend to agree with Richie, the glazing doesn't seem that much different current BR mk3 models.

Not really my era, but could be tempted to get a few an paint them in IE intercity green/grey livery for pulling behind a green/grey 201.

Noel, MKIV coaches are silver and green, introduced in 2005 (ish); MK3's, (supertrain & tippex orange) introduced in 1980 and withdrawn in 2009 are the ones shown above.

From the examples of the models on show I hope there is time for them to hopefully correct any issues that have been raised here and elsewhere. The end and corridor detail looks tasty as is the roof detail. From the pics both the loco hauled and HST coaches are being produced. The BR Blue and Inter City liveries are being produced first, and I hope they get the liveries right. They will also consider the Chiltern coaches.

Rich,

Noel, MKIV coaches are silver and green, introduced in 2005 (ish); MK3's, (supertrain & tippex orange) introduced in 1980 and withdrawn in 2009 are the ones shown above.

Hi Richie. Thanks I knew that, I just fancied the idea of a few vague look-a-likes in intercity silver and green, even though they are mk3s. The other option is to buy some RTR BR mk4's and butcher the coach ends to flatten them. I'm easily pleased. :) Noel

Hi Richie. Thanks I knew that, I just fancied the idea of a few vague look-a-likes in intercity silver and green, even though they are mk3s. The other option is to buy some RTR BR mk4's and butcher the coach ends to flatten them. I'm easily pleased. :) Noel

You'd want to take the sides out and move them sideways a few centimetres too, to get the window spacing right. In other words, neither MK3 nor MKIV is a suitable donor for the IE MKIV's, sadly.

Clucking bell, but that is some glorious amount of detailing on the bogies and at the corridor ends. Love all the little brass rails as well.

The bar just keeps getting raised.

TIL: Witness mark. A punch mark used to position or locate some part in its proper spot.

Getting d'oul moulding terminology down pat Richie. No dilletante you eh? :)

Edit: Expected RRP is £34.95 each (€43). They may have interior lighting as standard.

Jeepers, that's nice for less than a Craven. I still need a rake of Supertrain Mk3s, so in the absence of an Irish prototypical model, they'd still be a nice respray.....

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Havent seen them in the flesh yet, but Oxford have said they are going to do IE versions.....

Heard that alright. Sounds promising. Any idea if EGV is to be included? Will be interesting to see what shade of orange they go with. 

1 hour ago, Railer said:

I see Oxford have released some of their Mk3 range, Hattons have a few in my favourite UK livery, Intercity Swallow. Anyone here any first hand opinions on them or any Irish resprays of them so far.

I got two. But I don't think it's fair I comment now that technically I work for the opposition. 

Best thing to do is check out the rmweb page on them, from the last 4 or 5 pages to see peoples reaction to the models when they arrived into their collections... 

29 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran. Are mk3 on IRMs radar?

They were Noel, in fact they were going to be project four, including EGVs and push pulls (including the driver control car). But not now. As I'm sure you can appreciate I cannot say any more as there is a lot of commercially sensitive information behind it. 

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

They were Noel, in fact they were going to be project four, including EGVs and push pulls (including the driver control car). But not now. As I'm sure you can appreciate I cannot say any more as there is a lot of commercially sensitive information behind it. 

Thanks Fran.  Understand.  Noel

7 minutes ago, Railer said:

Would love some dedicated, no compromise rtr Irish Mk3s, Pushpull sets and all especially with the 121s due soon (relatively soon anyway) would have been icing on the cake.

Agree 100% and based on recent track record IRM coaches would have been in another league for authenticity and hyper detail.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Havent seen them in the flesh yet, but Oxford have said they are going to do IE versions.....

Hi Stephen, there had been rumours about this for a year or two, has something substantive actually happened or could this just be more noise from oxford? There is no mention of it on their 2018 catalog nor website. Noel

Just now, Noel said:

Hi Stephen, there had been rumours about this for a year or two, has something substantive actually happened or could this just be more noise from oxford? There is no mention of it on their 2018 catalog nor website. Noel

They stated at Warley that IE stock is 'on the list' for their MK3 project...

3 minutes ago, Railer said:

The other think to take into account is that the Oxford Mk3s are Mk3As, as in the UK loco hauled Mk3s. Our Mk3s were based closer on the UK HST Mk3 design. The International set that we called Mk3A were a different animal again.

Even so, once there's one set of IE Mk3s model on the market there's no point in doing another set...

Interesting , while there are rumours are froth, Ive not seen any Oxford Rail announcement that they are actually going to do irish Rails variants , in fact they havent even confirmed they are doing the Chiltern auto plug door variant  which was derived from CIE engineering efforts .  They are at Model rail Scotland , so Ill ask them there directly 

P I know they said stuff at warley , but nothing has ever made it to their web site 

dave

4 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Even so, once there's one set of IE Mk3s model on the market there's no point in doing another set...

Isnt the Hornby one current as well. 

Edited by Junctionmad