Provincial Wagons CIE 1953 "H" Van kit now available

Rate this topic

leslie10646

My tenth kit is the 12 ton van introduced on CIE by Oliver Bulleid in 1953. The van is on his famous triangulated chassis, previously seen on my earlier open wagon.

My kit is of the original unfitted van and comes with specially commissioned Flying Snail, or Broken Wheel Railtec Transfers (your choice depending on the era you are modelling, but both are included), plus correct numbers for this type of van.

I will post a picture of the van in late 1960s livery shortly.

Price £24 or €28 post paid

Dare I suggest to my friends in Euroland -

buy now while the Euro is strong!

Hope you like it, I think Michael (aka "My Man") has done a terrific job.

Leslie

Prototype Photo.jpg

• Like 1

My tenth kit is the 12 ton van introduced on CIE by Oliver Bulleid in 1953. The van is on his famous triangulated chassis, previously seen on my earlier open wagon.

My kit is of the original unfitted van and comes with specially commissioned Flying Snail, or Broken Wheel Railtec Transfers (your choice depending on the era you are modelling, but both are included), plus correct numbers for this type of van.

I will post a picture of the van in late 1960s livery shortly.

Price £24 or €28 post paid

Dare I suggest to my friends in Euroland -

buy now while the Euro is strong!

Hope you like it, I think Michael (aka "My Man") has done a terrific job.

Leslie

Beautiful...

Stunning stuff

I want one

I'll be bankrupt..

Looks excellent Leslie - I will gladly take some and join GSR 800 on the bankruptcy bench!

Thanks, on Michael's behalf, for the kind comment.

No, the idea's not to make YOU bankrupt, or the Great Southern Man for that matter, but to save me from same!

You'll find me at Raheny, but it would be useful to know how many, then I'll put your name on them!

e-mail me on - lesliemcallister@aol.com

Thanks again.

Leslie

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25515[/ATTACH]

Our H Van as it would have appeared in broken wheel days.

The body is a bit on the red side, but you will get the idea?

The kit comes with BOTH Snail and Wheel, plus correct numbers - as you can see here.

Leslie

Yum.

The rivet detail is fantastic, exactly like the old H van in one of our fields

(Well, except it has wheels, the paint hasn't faded off and it hasn't been riddled with shotgun shells..)

But I'm seriously impressed. 2016 has raised the bar for Irish stock.

I might be at Raheny ......

I have a weird sense there should be a meme in the post...hmmm

A pint for someone who gets a meme that suits it!

Edited by GSR 800

Best summed up by Urban Dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meme

Used to give a bit of pseudo-academic gravitas to stupid viral stuff. A 'meme' doesn't have to be funny, provocative or even make sense.

Willy Wonka's Sarcastic Face in the inventing room scene has provided the background to a lot of them. Gotta love this one.

Sarcastic-Willy-Wonka-Meme-11.jpg

Best summed up by Urban Dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meme

Used to give a bit of pseudo-academic gravitas to stupid viral stuff. A 'meme' doesn't have to be funny, provocative or even make sense.

Willy Wonka's Sarcastic Face in the inventing room scene has provided the background to a lot of them. Gotta love this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25550[/ATTACH]

Urban dictionary..damn

Anyway you got your "mainstream" memes..

The most notable being this guy..

image.jpeg

A lot of him..image.jpeg

Then you got..ehhimage.jpeg

And then a a vengeful baby..sorta a half meme? Dunno

image.jpeg

I'm going to regret this post when I'm older..that's for future Harry to worry bout

Cause we have derailed off topic!

Ah! Now I understand it all perfectly......... hmm......!!

On the subject of the wagons, I was wondering if a grey version with a tan / white roundel going to be one of the options?

I think you had also said that extra strapping could be added to the roof - obviously from photos, there were a couple of varieties.

Again, congrats on this venture; folks, this one deserves our support!

Edited by jhb171achill

• 10 months later...
Hi, I tried to contact Leslie by email and phone but unfortunatelly I was not successful. Are those wagons still for sale? I am also interested in corrugated and ballast flats. Anyone know how to contact PW? Thank you. Slavek

Fear not. Even if no rtf available, Leslie has almost everything as kits .... or so he keeps telling me. How big is that attic exactly? :confused:

Dear Slavek and others.

I'm back in UK for a while again! I actually replied to Slavek from an ICE Train in Germany, when I got access to the Internet.

While on holiday, I saw a great model railway in a town called Hausach (in the Black Forest) - it's a model of the railway from there UP to St Georgen - a prodigious climb involving 37 tunnels and at least four hairpin bends. If I find time, I'll put up a few photos. I did the actual run with a 2-10-0 the same day - it's a 100 mile round trip on the main line, for just €26! Just wonderful.

In reply to The Controller's query in Post 20, the attic has a 21ft by 17 ft model railway (or more honestly, the start of it!) - PW's "warehouse" is in the middle!

I am happy to confirm that I have supplies of most of my kits ready for immediate supply.

Leslie