Comeback for mk3s?

Rate this question

bs819

Question

15 answers to this question

I saw multiple pictures of these mk3s repainted in new livery, Under one of the photos them it said "paint testing". What does this mean?

It was just one Mk3 repainted for testing purposes. The only remaining Mk3s are on the Belmond Grand Hibernian. The rest have either been scrapped or are being cannibalised for spares.

My own view is if passanger numbers increase ie will be forced to implement some additional loco hauled services , abs we could witness the absurdity of them purchasing carriages on the 2nd hand market

Not going to happen when there's an entire class of railcars (2700s) waiting in the wings.

yeah but they are pure sh1te, imho and should never see the light of day on intercity trains

They wouldn't; there'd be reverse cascading of stock, with the entire ICR fleet likely available for their intended purpose, perhaps alongside some 2800s and 29000s.

The wallet, not the heart, will rule in these decisions.

They wouldn't; there'd be reverse cascading of stock, with the entire ICR fleet likely available for their intended purpose, perhaps alongside some 2800s and 29000s.

The wallet, not the heart, will rule in these decisions.

We could do with some of that reverse cascading down here in wexford

I came in on the ferry from France to rosslare in the summer. The abandoned rail terminal is a sad sight for any rail fan. Surely a modern railbus 2700 yoke would be manageable? I sort of think certain routes should be maintained with government grants even at a loss, just for the sheer social infrastructure element.

I came in on the ferry from France to rosslare in the summer. The abandoned rail terminal is a sad sight for any rail fan. Surely a modern railbus 2700 yoke would be manageable? I sort of think certain routes should be maintained with government grants even at a loss, just for the sheer social infrastructure element.

Agree

There is at least a railway station still vaguely in rosslare at least

Captain - are you not maintaining a proper 'lookout'? AIS shows you are underway making way, how have you time to 'social network', or is your officer of the watch minding the bridge right now? :)

:confused:

Was just wondering how JM had time to post here while in command of a vessel :) Sorry for the drift - pun hope he's not adrift.

Back on thread and dry land, it is a pity Rosslare station is so far from the quayside. Good state supported infrastructure can attract more traffic.