Have Chassis - will travel

Rate this topic

leslie10646

DSC04642.jpg

First take a Bulleid triangulated chassis:

Add a corrugated body and you've got one of several thousand of these iconic wagons;

Add a steel van body and you get an H van (two above, of different eras)

Finally, (for the moment), add a crude wooden platform and you get a Ballast Flat, which as well as its "proper" use got used to carry cars, or farm machinery, to Backwoods Ireland in the 1960s/1970s. 50 of these wagons were built using the chassis from H vans. I'm waiting for the transfers to complete the job.

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

All available at Raheny in a couple of weeks!

Leslie

The little Ballast wagon is thanks to Patrick Dillane in Ireland's Other Island - across the Atlantic - who spotted a photo on the Internet of the wagon with an Austin 1800 on it, sitting in a siding somewhere.

I sent the photo, and a little suggestion to Michael who sent me a photo of the finished KIT about two weeks later.

Happy Days.

Leslie

The little Ballast wagon is thanks to Patrick Dillane in Ireland's Other Island - across the Atlantic - who spotted a photo on the Internet of the wagon with an Austin 1800 on it, sitting in a siding somewhere.

I sent the photo, and a little suggestion to Michael who sent me a photo of the finished KIT about two weeks later.

Happy Days.

Leslie

https://www.flickr.com/photos/holycorner/6934023720/in/album-72157629831107647/

Here is a link to the photo. Check out the whole collection, the photos are priceless for anyone interested in goods wagons.

Time to put up a photo the Ballast Flat complete with the Railtec Transfers applied (very badly by me).

DSC04646.jpg

Steve has done a neat job as a single transfer suffices for the Work's Plate (complete with the wagon's number) and the usual stencilled number.

I'll have a supply of the kit at Raheny for just 22 Euros. Feel free to reserve one by PM or via my website. I have only had twenty made to date, so grab it while you can.

A useful little wagon, whether for use with a pile of sleeps, or ballast; or, as I show here, delivering a new Landcover to a farmer .....

Leslie

Time to put up a photo the Ballast Flat complete with the Railtec Transfers applied (very badly by me).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25606[/ATTACH]

Steve has done a neat job as a single transfer suffices for the Work's Plate (complete with the wagon's number) and the usual stencilled number.

I'll have a supply of the kit at Raheny for just 22 Euros. Feel free to reserve one by PM or via my website. I have only had twenty made to date, so grab it while you can.

A useful little wagon, whether for use with a pile of sleeps, or ballast; or, as I show here, delivering a new Landcover to a farmer .....

Leslie

PM sent