Price Rising.

Rate this topic

steventrain

Plus with the rises in fuel and every other thing made outside the U.K. Those of us who live in sterling zone will have a lot less free cash.... I hate the brexit camp sooooo much

A great impetus for scratch building and British manufacturing industry :rolleyes: Perhaps Hornby might resume manufacturing in Margate

Model train prices are rising because of pound's devaluation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37755137

Well, what can I say - mine aren't!

My prices have dropped in line with the collapse after Brexit, as you'll see tomorrow at Raheny - most of my kits, which would have been around €30 before will now be around €25 at the exhibition.

Scale RTR wagons, built from those kits, which were €50 are now nearer €45.

Good time to clear my stock out for me?

Leslie

PS Thanks, in anticipation

Unfortunately, anything that trades using the US dollar will be more expensive in GBPs and any components or rtr from China (which trades using the USD, as we discussed before) will be more expensive, like the last offering from MM. Most manufacturing was sent to CHine to keep costs down of course.

Leslie, I presume you're "Built in Britain'. I had the same problem purchasing everything in 2014 when the dollar was much weaker than now. Sorry, lads :(

Unfortunately, anything that trades using the US dollar will be more expensive in GBPs and any components or rtr from China (which trades using the USD, as we discussed before) will be more expensive, like the last offering from MM. Most manufacturing was sent to CHine to keep costs down of course.

Leslie, I presume you're "Built in Britain'. I had the same problem purchasing everything in 2014 when the dollar was much weaker than now. Sorry, lads :(

Should make Peco, Dapol and other British rtr and kit manufacturers more competitive outside the UK which is good news to anyone buying track, kits, detail parts and tools from the UK.

[quote name=

Leslie' date=' I presume you're "Built in Britain'. :([/quote]

I sure am, Kevin, Isle of Wight, Mainland England and Belfast.

Working hard at Raheny for Britain's export drive. Good to meet you (and loads of others) today. Thanks for making my trip worthwhile.

I'm getting some local input here in Dublin, so maybe I'm on the way to becoming a Bloated Multi-national?

Leslie

On the up side, if the Pound continues to slide, there's a chance MM and IRM might shift manufacturing to post-BrExit UK:D

The British economy would want to completely collapse for anything remotely like that to happen. Anyway, the Chinese are the world leaders in this field now and still do it in a cost effective fashion. Nobody has made RTR model trains in the UK in a large commercial context for a long time now.

It's a pity we can't make them here for a sustainable price but that the globalised world sadly! :)