IRM Bubble goes on sale

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

The bubbles looked just fantastic, really stunning detail. Also that's a great deal on the four packs,

Glad I got my order in early. Very nice to meet you guys at the irm stand fran,Richie & Patrick

You took time to answer all and any questions .well done.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bubbles looked just fantastic, really stunning detail. Also that's a great deal on the four packs,

Glad I got my order in early. Very nice to meet you guys at the irm stand fran,Richie & Patrick

You took time to answer all and any questions .well done.

Cheers, John, it was a pleasure to meet you. :)

Well, that's another Dublin show done this year, but what a great exhibition it was! We would like to sincerely thank the MRSI for all their hospitality and for putting on an excellent show this year.

We would also like to thank everyone who stopped by for a chat with us over the weekend and for all the amazing feedback about the ballast and bubble wagons. And finally, a massive thank you to all of you who have backed us by placing orders for the wagons! It seems our special sale struck a chord.

Remember, our bubble deal will save you €100 but ends at midnight. Don't miss out! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/index.php/shop/

• 3 months later...

Fran, Patrick, et al

Did you get a chance to check out the loading gauge clearances and especially station platform clearance on the pre-production bubble samples? The side ladder on my MIR bubbles snag station platforms placed at scale clearances, but coaching stock has no problem. (i.e. the ladder sticks out too far and derails the wagons).

Fran, Patrick, et al

Did you get a chance to check out the loading gauge clearances and especially station platform clearance on the pre-production bubble samples? The side ladder on my MIR bubbles snag station platforms placed at scale clearances, but coaching stock has no problem. (i.e. the ladder sticks out too far and derails the wagons).

Hi Noel,

The dimensions on the IRM bubble are accurate. The pre-production sample has been tested on layouts and there were no clearance issues.

Hi Noel,

The dimensions on the IRM bubble are accurate. The pre-production sample has been tested on layouts and there were no clearance issues.

Thanks Patrick. I obviously assumed the wagons dimensions were accurate, I just wanted to check if you guys had run it past scale platforms to check the ladder cleared platforms and loading bays. Noel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pack A.jpg

Pack B (1).jpg

Pack C.jpg

Pack D (1).jpg

While our ballast wagons have been hogging most of the limelight in recent weeks, we have been working away on the cement bubbles in the background. We have just finished specifying the livery graphic details for our factory in China which you can see above.

Also, we were not too happy with some of the detailing on the Bubble and the pre-production model showed us that some alternations needed to be made. Our in-house design team has now completed this work and it has been passed onto our factory.

This has resulted in the bubbles slipping back to a late September 2017 delivery. However, after the standard we have set with the ballast wagons, we felt it’s vital that you get the very best 4mm scale model of the most iconic of Irish wagons.

Sales of the bubbles has also been swift, so make sure you secure yours today!

Also, we were not too happy with some of the detailing on the Bubble and the pre-production model showed us that some alternations needed to be made. Our in-house design team has now completed this work and it has been passed onto our factory.

This has resulted in the bubbles slipping back to a late September 2017 delivery. However, after the standard we have set with the ballast wagons, we felt it’s vital that you get the very best 4mm scale model of the most iconic of Irish wagons.

Just to add to what Fran has said: some detailing has been refined but we've also added some more eye candy, too. ;)

Good news chaps. If a short delay means a top end product, then that's a good compromise for everyone. I actually prefer the CIE Bulk Cement finish myself looking at those graphics.

Rich,

Sadly there was only a single wagon with the "Bulk Cement" branding - it even had the larger broken wheel roundel. Would have liked to have found a few more examples of it for a triple pack, but at least the single one should add some variety to a rake, particularly if folk chose to run them in pristine (:puke:) finish :P R.

Sadly there was only a single wagon with the "Bulk Cement" branding - it even had the larger broken wheel roundel. Would have liked to have found a few more examples of it for a triple pack, but at least the single one should add some variety to a rake, particularly if folk chose to run them in pristine (:puke:) finish :P R.

It jumped out at me straight away Richie. The Bulk Cement and larger CIE broken wheel looks class. A careful approach to weathering it will hopefully allow the branding to show through in places, thus keeping it's unique look. I am delighted it was chosen for one of the packs.

Rich,

It jumped out at me straight away Richie. The Bulk Cement and larger CIE broken wheel looks class. A careful approach to weathering it will hopefully allow the branding to show through in places, thus keeping it's unique look. I am delighted it was chosen for one of the packs.

Rich,

I've tried to find as many unique and odd things as possible to put on the wagons, but as always, there are some compromises. The electrical flash warnings didn't get applied to the pristine 1982 versions, but much later. We added them since they stand out like a sore thumb if being weathered. Those and the tail end rungs of the ladders were the only "clean" parts :) Trying to cater for all scenarios, I spose.

Speaking of oddities, whilst doing the various codes for ultrasonic and D tests, I noticed a few wagons had a "Y-LK" exam - was that a pressure test or does anyone know, just for curiosity sake.

Going to push the limits of the Tampo process for this too :P

IRM_Bubble.jpg

R

This is exactly the level of detail that is available now and pushing the limits ends up with a high end model. I really feel sorry for people that throw the rivet counter name at people that want to see the bar being raised, it's as if they want the hobby to stagnate or regress to a time in the past.

This all bodes well for the future and will take the hobby and this community to the next level and as a customer I am delighted.

Rich,

Level of detail alone on the Ballast Wagons

is superb,and with Ritchies OCD for

detail,the bubbles are very much going to

be fantastic.

I am trying to save at the moment for a nice rake.

I agree 100% about the Ballasts Eamonn. The amount of hand fitted parts becomes more apparent when you closely examine them. To have kept the cost to what we payed for them looks a seriously good bargain.

I am looking at all the pipe work under the chassis on the Bubble graphics and it looks like they could raise the bar even higher.

Rich,

Hope its not too late for these pics troops

Just found them this morning

Slide%20No.%202544_zpsgh10gmmp.jpg

No.%20631_zpsr5vfgkog.jpg

NO.%20623_zpscesm4etv.jpg

No.%20595_zpsvydqxplb.jpg