IRM Bubble goes on sale

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Rest easy, Dave. I think he was referring to BULK CEMENT on the IVORY livery with the black CIE logo. There is only one photo that I'm aware of showing that. In the grey livery, BULK CEMENT branding was all over the wagons as you rightly point out. Wonder how it made it onto the ivory on so few wagons?

Dave, really like the last pic with 20 bubbles punctuated by a brake van. The first five wagons behind the loco look like they are a different colour!

A number of them look a little darker through the rake. Lighting, cloud cover, older more weathered wagons, even some in orange depending when the photo was taken (although I suspect not)

Edited by DiveController

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
. . .

This has resulted in the bubbles slipping back to a late September 2017 delivery. However, after the standard we have set with the ballast wagons, we felt it’s vital that you get the very best 4mm scale model of the most iconic of Irish wagons.

. . .

Hi Fran.

Do you know of the likely shipping date in September? Anticipation is growing as it's now just weeks away. :) Thanks

Noel

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance Noel that you could contact the lads at IRM off site about deliveries. You only asked a couple of weeks ago and Fran has told you he will let everyone know at the correct moment when he has dates for dispatch from China and arrival here. Countless other members have ordered packs also including myself, and we are being patient as we know the end product will be worth waiting for. To be honest it is getting a bit boring and a tad annoying everytime the thread is bumped it's you asking the same question. Please give the lads a break they are an honest bunch of guys that are doing this as an aside from their day jobs and personal lives. It must be terrible frustrating for the lads to be asked the same question time and again.

Rich,

Hi lads,

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I've been 'offline' for the last few weeks due to a house move. I updated my details on my IRM account last night so is that all I need to do in regard to getting the bubbles sent to my new address or will I need to contact one of your good selves directly as the payment has already gone through under my old address??

Hi lads,

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I've been 'offline' for the last few weeks due to a house move. I updated my details on my IRM account last night so is that all I need to do in regard to getting the bubbles sent to my new address or will I need to contact one of your good selves directly as the payment has already gone through under my old address??

Hi Rebelred, can you PM me your new address so I can make sure it's updated? Cheers!

Bubble China factory cropped.jpg

NEWS JUST IN FROM CHINA...

The picture above might look like a heap of waste plastic and nickel silver in a box. However, it shows a number of sprues from a single Irish Railway Models cement bubble wagon!

As you can tell, production is in full swing. Expect more pictures as well as information on delivery and further insights into the process to produce the bubbles in the coming days.

Our bubbles are accurately proportioned and run beautifully on a fully accurate Irish chassis with unbeatable detail. They are crisply rendered in injection molded plastic and feature exquisite decoration. And they come fully assembled and fully painted ready-to-run for you to enjoy straight out of the box!

The days of compromise and 'making do' are at an end. Order today http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Edited by Warbonnet

That's how to rally the troops Fran. I love the days of compromise and making do are at an end. Really looking forward to these. I know the hard work and effort from the team that has been put into bringing these wagons to the market and it is much appreciated. Just out of interest, do they recycle the sprues in the factory.

Rich,

That's how to rally the troops Fran. I love the days of compromise and making do are at an end. Really looking forward to these. I know the hard work and effort from the team that has been put into bringing these wagons to the market and it is much appreciated. Just out of interest, do they recycle the sprues in the factory.

Rich,

As far as I know they do recycle them Rich!

Does that mean no more Kinder Eggs Express on Irish layouts =D

It does indeed Gareth. No more Kinder Eggs, turned sweeping brush handles, self assembly, incorrect Dapol chassis and castings varying in quality. The detail underneath alone is something to behold.

Oi! "When all fruit fails, welcome haws". Those Kinders did the state some service for a long time (and that's Othello by the way, though C.J. did rob it).

Having said that, the attention to detail on the lads' bubbles is of nose-bleeding quality. Borderline obsessive (in a good way).

Really looking forward to these puppies.

• 1 month later...